Hitler: Why move into Africa

--

May 24th, 2004  
Jansen

Topic: Hitler: Why move into Africa

This has been a question of mine for a long time. Why did Hitler invade Africa? What was the goal?
May 24th, 2004  
Redneck

Why don't you post what you think the answer is first?
May 24th, 2004  
Pollux

because germany was allied with italy...
and the italians wanted to invade into africa, but had big problems, and so they called germany to help them...
same case as in greece
--
May 24th, 2004  
Nero

Weren't the Nazis and Italians trying to conquer the whole of the Mediterranean? SO then they would have to take Africa.
May 25th, 2004  
Pollux

Italy tried to conquer the Mediterranean, Germany had eough to do on the western and eastern front, but Italy asked for help so Rommel was sent to africa
May 25th, 2004  
FutureRANGER

Oil?

Just a guess, I have no real idea.
May 25th, 2004  
Pollux

As far as i know Italy just wanted a rebirth of the roman empire
May 25th, 2004  
AlexKall

Wasnt hitlers dreem world domination with only aries (hows that spelled?)?
May 25th, 2004  
Redneck

Aryans.

Aries is some astrological sign that bored people use as a reason to hook up.
May 25th, 2004  
IrishWizard

haha thats funny redneck. Just as pollux said that is the main reason Hitler 'invaded' Africa. He only sent men, Rommel, there because Italy needed help. Mussolini believed that the old roman empire should be put back together, just as Hitler thought all German speaking nations should be 'united' once again. Hitler truly never invaded Africa because he only sent Rommel with his men to help Italy conquer it, then left them there cause he knew Mussolini could not hold it without his help. Hitler did want world domination but Africa was last on his list because it would be very simple for him to conquer.