HITLER’S VISIT TO PARIS: JUNE 1940 After a series of articles on Babi yar and Ukrain

Maksym Chornyi

HITLER’S VISIT TO PARIS: JUNE 1940

After a series of articles on Babi yar and Ukraine, I have finally finished the first one from my FRANCE 2019 journey. This historical research is devoted to Adolf Hitler’s only visit to Paris in June 1940, a pretext and consequences. In wider means, I invite you to deepen into the story of the Fall of France, the occupation of Paris, and the trip of the German retinue next to Hitler. I have used merely 70 books, from Kershaw to Longerich, from Speer to Herman Giesler’s memoirs, a number of books on Paris, and particularly the occupation, biographies of Napoleon: all to put together this exhaustively detailed 14 000-word article (my largest to date). The cross-examination of the sources made it clearer the exact day of the visit and Hitler’s entourage: generally misinterpreted issues. As always, dozens of archival and my own photos from the locations, a map with markings for your own journies.

I would greatly appreciate your feedback on the material, as it gives me the enthusiasm to keep traveling, researching, and writing. I wish you good historical books and journeys.

https://war-documentary.info/hitler-in-paris-june-1940/

hitler-paris-main.jpg

I seem to remember a photograph of Hitler visiting a church/cathedral in Paris and removing his hat. I thought the NAZI's were not religious despite what was said on their belt buckles, Gott Mit Uns

Back