Hitler quotes

Thats a good wuote on leadership, but it's safe to say that any association with Hitler is accepted universially by most societies as a bad thing. Thats why I think you dont see to many out there.

This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!
— Adolf Hitler, 1935 on the passing of the German Weapons Act.

This quote on your Hitler section is fraud.

There is no reputable record of him ever making it: neither at the Nuremburg rallies, nor in any of his weekly radio addresses. Furthermore, there was no reason for him to even make such a statement; for Germany already had strict gun control as a term of surrender in the Treaty of Versailles. The Allies had wanted to make Germany as impotent as possible, and one of the ways they did that was to disarm its citizenry. Only a handful of local authorities were allowed arms at all, and the few German citizens who did possess weapons were already subject to full gun registration.

The Firearms Policy Journal (January 1997) writes:
"The Nazi Party did not ride to power confiscating guns. They rode to power on the inability of the Weimar Republic to confiscate their guns. They did not consolidate their power confiscating guns either. There is no historical evidence that Nazis ever went door to door in Germany confiscating guns. The Germans had a fetish about paperwork and documented everything. These searches and confiscations would have been carefully recorded. If the documents are there, let them be presented as evidence."

On April 12, 1928, five years before Hitler seized power, Germany passed the Law on Firearms and Ammunition. This law substantially tightened restrictions on gun ownership in an effort to curb street violence between Nazis and Communists. The law was ineffectual and poorly enforced. It was not until March 18, 1938 -- five years after Hitler came to power -- that the Nazis passed the German Weapons Law, their first known change in the firearm code. And this law actually relaxed restrictions on citizen firearms.

That's from an essay where the rest of my Hitler quotes are called Myth: Hitler was a leftist

Here's some of my other favorite relativ quotes from this essay.

Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live.

In actual fact the pacifistic-humane idea is perfectly all right perhaps when the highest type of man has previously conquered and subjected the world to an extent that makes him the sole ruler of this earth… Therefore, first struggle and then perhaps pacifism.

The [Nazi party] should not become a constable of public opinion, but must dominate it. It must not become a servant of the masses, but their master!

For there is one thing we must never forget… the majority can never replace the man. And no more than a hundred empty heads make one wise man will an heroic decision arise from a hundred cowards.

There must be no majority decisions, but only responsible persons, and the word 'council' must be restored to its original meaning. Surely every man will have advisers by his side, but the decision will be made by one man.
[/quote]

I have about 1700-1800 quotes on the site, but there's still TONs of more good quotes out there.
So if you have some more I'd be happy to add the to the site.
Please mail them to me if you have a lot, it's easier for me to add them to the site then.

It's also hard for me to verify all of the quotes, so it's great if you (the visitors) tell me if you find any quotes that's not correct.

GuyontheRight if you click on the essays title it links automatically. I had supposed it would have been highlighted when I typed it up. I don't know if yall know this about this kind of bulletin board but if you type
(url=http://whatever)put words here(/url)
then it turns the words into the link. Of course you need to replace the parantheses with brackets ()=[] Can either of you fix it so that kind of stuff does highlight or something?

Hitler

"I go the way providence dictates with the assurance of a sleepwalker."

'If the war is lost, the German nation will also perish... There is no need to take into consideration the basic requirements of the people. Those who will remain after the battle are those who are inferior, for the good will have fallen."

behemoth79 said:
i dun like hitler. man, anyone else leading that country in terms of battle, we would all be speaking german.

I have to disagree. If anyone else had lead that war we would likely have won faster, as they would have been a bit more reserved, I think. Hitler made a few large mistakes but his overall strategy was good. If he had ignored Russia I would be willing to bet we would all be speaking German. Read more on the blitzkrieg. No one was much able to stop them until the weather and they stopped themselves.

"What is life? Life is the Nation. The individual must die anyway. Beyond the life of the individual is the Nation."

Referring to Paulus...

"What hurts me most, personally, is that I still promoted him to Field-Marshal. I wanted to give him this final satisfaction. That's the last Field-Marshal I shall appoint in this war. "

Back