Hitchiking, military-style...

AJChenMPH

Forum Health Inspector
DRIVING his pickup truck on the interstate near Mountain Home Air Force Base, Idaho, my brother passed an empty Air Force vehicle parked on the shoulder with its hood up. A mile farther, he saw six fatigues-clad airmen marching in formation alongside the highway. As my brother approached, the leader, marching backward, shouted a command. In unison, six thumbs went out. They got a ride to the base.

--Contributed to "Humor In Uniform" by Lauri Judy Bauer

Provided Courtesy of Reader's Digest.

I just drove by MHAFB the other day. No stranded airmen in sight. LOL Still a good one!!! :)

Anyone ever hitched a ride on military transport? I once hitched a ride from Brisbane to Townville (about one thousand kilometers) on an Australian Army Blackhawk to go visit a girlfriend.

A buddy of mine was hitch hiking along a long pitch black road back to camp one night when an ancient Ford Popular pulled up, the driver said he was going to the RAF station. My buddy got in the car and began chatting, the driver asked what the station was like, my buddy guessed the driver was a new posting and replied that it was a good station but the Station Commander was a bit of an idiot, then said, “We've got a new Station Commander being posted in, I hope he's not like the last moron.” Then asked the driver what section he was being posted to, the driver replied, “I'm not on a section, I'm the new Station Commander.”

Ever wished the ground would swallow you up?

Back