I Hit 2000 posting mark!

Amanda & Sevens- I am real, and I will prove it to you...

I am a real pain in the rear....

I real-ly good at grumbling...

I real-ly can drive people up the wall...

I real-ly love women's company...

I cannot be anymore real than that...:-D

LIES!!!! You're a bot!!! I know it!!! :p

Seriously, though (and back to the topic at hand), congratulations on your 2000 (+ now) posts. :cheers:

LIES!!!! You're a bot!!! I know it!!! :p

Seriously, though (and back to the topic at hand), congratulations on your 2000 (+ now) posts. :cheers:

I have been called many things, but never a bot... nothing sexy in the way it sounds... :whip:

Thank you, Maam...

Yeah, those diesel Astra's aren't the best! ;) 0-60mph in about 10 years isn't it?

I remember when Old Bill drove around in proper cars like the Wolseley 6/90's & 6/110, Jaguars, Daimler Darts to be able to catch the villains, not the junk they use today AND they were either all black or white AND they had a bell on the front not this bloody silly "IT'S ME MA, ITS ME MA," AND Old Bill motorcyclists rode Triumph Motorcycles, not the Jap crap they are riding today.

Last edited:
I remember when Old Bill drove around in proper cars like the Wolseley 6/90's & 6/110, Jaguars, Daimler Darts to be able to catch the villains, not the junk they use today AND they were either all black or white AND they had a bell on the front not this bloody silly "IT'S ME MA, ITS ME MA," AND Old Bill motorcyclists rode Triumph Motorcycles, not the Jap crap they are riding today.

Man I could have gone with your statement until I read Triumph motorcycles those bloody things leaked more oil than they used gas.

Oooooo almost 7000 posts in 8 years, who would have thought I would have survived this long.
:)

Last edited:

Our traffic fleet is pretty good these days. ;) Volvo V70's and a BMW X5 don't hang about. :D

The only people that get away from us are those we're forced to end pursuit of due to "health and safety"! :evil: :bang: :rolleyes:

The worst patrol car I've ever had the misfortune to drive was our shocking lime green Vauxhall Chevette estate, complete with blue lights and 2 tone air horns. We had just taken delivery of a brand new fleet of Vauxhall Cavaliers and for the first time had the new colour scheme, they were originally black with orange stripes. The Chevette was used as punishment for pranging the new cars :oops: The colour scheme was identical to this patrol car from a later era before battenburg was introduced.

dsc00135.jpg

Looks very similar to civi police with the new colour scheme.

7633151108_9007f788cf_z.jpg

See your Ford Connect, raise it with a Nissan Faultfinder, thankfully replaced by the Disco.

Now watch parts fall off it on the motorway.

Man I could have gone with your statement until I read Triumph motorcycles those bloody things leaked more oil than they used gas.

Of course they leaked oil, they were British, if they didn't leak oil they had an oil leak built into them at the first service.

There's nowt like the sound of a Triumph Bonnie, my eyes are glazing over.

The worst bike I had for leaking oil was a BMW R65 from the left cylinder rocker box cover. I put new gaskets on, replaced the rocker box cover all to no avail, until I sealed it with Rolls Royce Blue.

Last edited:
Can any of you Brits answer why your patrol cars are so crap?
You need a bike or a pretty decent machine to outstrip one of our police vehicles. They are solid built too with a bit of weight which is handy should it all go wrong.
No offence but I am pretty sure my ute would snap the wheels off your little ford fiesta's were I a crim inclined to give them a nudge.

You need a bike or a pretty decent machine to outstrip one of our police vehicles. They are solid built too with a bit of weight which is handy should it all go wrong.
No offence but I am pretty sure my ute would snap the wheels off your little ford fiesta's were I a crim inclined to give them a nudge.

Its because they are British!! :p

Last edited:

We all don't drive around in Ford Fiesta's! ;)

I currently drive:

volvo+v70+police+car.jpg

Or

7402164856_e5dd9d87d0_z.jpg

Both go like s**t off a shovel! :D

The Volvo's are pretty solid! ;)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0opM-JDhCws"]Police video: Car rams roadblock, cop gets up to catch criminal - YouTube[/ame]

We all don't drive around in Ford Fiesta's! ;)

I currently drive:

volvo+v70+police+car.jpg

Or

7402164856_e5dd9d87d0_z.jpg

Both go like s**t off a shovel! :D

The Volvo's are pretty solid! ;)

Police video: Car rams roadblock, cop gets up to catch criminal - YouTube

Yup, when I was in the Volunteer Constabulary, I was attached to the Traffic Police for a number of years- we used the BMW 3 series for a number of years, then switched to the Volvo850. The volvo is a good car, but was real guzzler, maintenance was also a real problem- replacement parts were expensive. Then we switched to Subaru WRX- a P.O.S....

By then I was out and had myself transfered to the Marine Police- what is now the Police Coast Guard.:brave:

Yup, when I was in the Volunteer Constabulary, I was attached to the Traffic Police for a number of years- we used the BMW 3 series for a number of years, then switched to the Volvo850. The volvo is a good car, but was real guzzler, maintenance was also a real problem- replacement parts were expensive. Then we switched to Subaru WRX- a P.O.S....

By then I was out and had myself transfered to the Marine Police- what is now the Police Coast Guard.:brave:

Another black rat then? :D

Our Volvo's have been very reliable, almost bulletproof! All maintenance is done in house.

Impreza WRX? Nice. :D

Ok thats definately not what I see on the media, that BMW looks great! it would cost a huge amount to buy and maintain though - they get reserved for our politicians.
I would love to see the police driving subarus - theyd have the same car as the crims!

Back