History Channel WORLD WARS

muscogeemike

Has anyone watched this?
I am very disappointed, it is filled with distortions and outright falsehoods!
It is as if they didn't consult any real historians when writing the script.

To be perfectly honest I didnt even know the series existed I initially thought you were talking about the original series of "The World At War" which was pretty dire and has since turned out to be horribly inaccurate.

The History channel is in my opinion not a good place to get all your information but a great place to start your research, essentially you can listen to what interests you on the History channel and then go find the real story.

Yeah, I finished the series last night and was just bamboozled at how terrible some of the inaccuracies were...

My dad watched part of it, then turned it off calling it "the biggest atrocity to ever air on a channel that's supposed to educate people." I had no interest in it after that. Looks like I'm not missing out on much....

Just one example! Patton with a stubble beard, ridiculous!

Ol' Blood and Guts? Stubble? Doubtful. You know how stories are passed down from generation of soldiers to the next? I heard one time he took a broken piece off a tank and used that to shave with.

Has anyone watched this?
I am very disappointed, it is filled with distortions and outright falsehoods!
It is as if they didn't consult any real historians when writing the script.

Nothing from the History Channel will disappoint me,nor should disappoint you ,because all we can expect from the HC is pap,BS,nonsense and such things .

After all consider.

Any channel that has aired programing that suggested the Nazis got their high technology from Alien's is suspect to a high degree of speculation. I haven't viewed this particular series. I'm irked about how they continue to call the Battle of the Bulge the biggest battle in WW2. In reality it comes in somewhere between # 4 and 6.

Some years back they did have a good series about an Axis general vs. an Allied-Soviet general. That particular series was well done. Like Von Bock vs. Zhukov.

Last edited:
I think in recent years, JOC, something has changed at the History Channel. It's become less facts and more keeping viewers. Sad, isn't it? Meanwhile the people who were actually there - live and in person - are becoming fewer and fewer. Pretty soon there will be no one left who has the live version of events to correct the "historians".

WW2 vets

I think in recent years, JOC, something has changed at the History Channel. It's become less facts and more keeping viewers. Sad, isn't it? Meanwhile the people who were actually there - live and in person - are becoming fewer and fewer. Pretty soon there will be no one left who has the live version of events to correct the "historians".

That is sad. They were a tough bunch most of them made it though the depression and WW2. Tough to get them to actually say to much. I'm my mid 50's and had a number of relatives that were WW2 vets. They had strong camaraderie. You could see it at the Legion halls 40 - 30 years ago.

That is sad. They were a tough bunch most of them made it though the depression and WW2. Tough to get them to actually say to much. I'm my mid 50's and had a number of relatives that were WW2 vets. They had strong camaraderie. You could see it at the Legion halls 40 - 30 years ago.

I had the opportunity about 11 years ago, just before I enlisted to speak to a man who landed with the 82nd into Normandy. He passed away last year, and I was honored to fly to New York where he was from and carry his casket. I met him on a random chance of luck. I was in the park one day, playing fetch with my dog. He came up to me and asked me if the dog could do any other tricks. I told him yeah, sure, he's real smart. So anyways, we got to talking, and he sorta got this glossy look on his eyes. I guess he was remembering. He walked me through the training for the paratroopers, the urgency of their mission. We sat in the park and talked for about four hours, as he told me everything from training to the end of the war.

Back