History Channel WORLD WARS - Page 2

--
Boots

June 8th, 2014  
JOC

Topic: WW2 vets

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazytanker
I think in recent years, JOC, something has changed at the History Channel. It's become less facts and more keeping viewers. Sad, isn't it? Meanwhile the people who were actually there - live and in person - are becoming fewer and fewer. Pretty soon there will be no one left who has the live version of events to correct the "historians".
That is sad. They were a tough bunch most of them made it though the depression and WW2. Tough to get them to actually say to much. I'm my mid 50's and had a number of relatives that were WW2 vets. They had strong camaraderie. You could see it at the Legion halls 40 - 30 years ago.
June 8th, 2014  
crazytanker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOC
That is sad. They were a tough bunch most of them made it though the depression and WW2. Tough to get them to actually say to much. I'm my mid 50's and had a number of relatives that were WW2 vets. They had strong camaraderie. You could see it at the Legion halls 40 - 30 years ago.
I had the opportunity about 11 years ago, just before I enlisted to speak to a man who landed with the 82nd into Normandy. He passed away last year, and I was honored to fly to New York where he was from and carry his casket. I met him on a random chance of luck. I was in the park one day, playing fetch with my dog. He came up to me and asked me if the dog could do any other tricks. I told him yeah, sure, he's real smart. So anyways, we got to talking, and he sorta got this glossy look on his eyes. I guess he was remembering. He walked me through the training for the paratroopers, the urgency of their mission. We sat in the park and talked for about four hours, as he told me everything from training to the end of the war.
July 15th, 2014  
JWIlls94

Did anybody recognize the Mass Effect music in the documentary?
--
Boots