The History Channel

What do you think about the way the History channel programs depict history?

• All of the programs are unaccurate or false

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Some of the programs are OK, but most are unaccurate or false

• Some of the programs are unaccurate or flase, but most are OK

• All of the programs are OK.

• Total voters
Id have to say that most are correct with some inaccuracys as we know it

The biggest problem with some of their stories is that they do lack the referencing or data needed to make the point where they have re-written the story sort of speak, to make it seem more interesting. Lets face it: plain old history can be very boring..but sometimes they insert little snippits of folk lore or urban legend to make it more interesting.

over all, they do have my vote of confidence that they do make looking at history fun again... :D

Man that's awesome! Never knew that. 8)

And I don't think I have enough experience to tell you whether or not the HC is accurate...

I dont get the history channel anymore cuz my brother watches too much tv :x anyways id say that the history channel is pretty accurate, cuz my history teacher used to play their documenteries in class all the time.

The History Channel is pretty much the only channel I watch. I have noticed that some things they say are wrong, but most of the time it's pretty accurate.

I feel stupid if i dont watch at least one program on the HC a day. I've hardly seen any program thats inaccurate. So far i've counted one and didnt know it till someone pointed it out.
:D

Some would argue certain programs are biased (In particular features with the late Stephan Ambrose, who alot of Historians resent)

GuyontheRight said:
Some would argue certain programs are biased (In particular features with the late Stephan Ambrose, who alot of Historians resent)

Stephan Ambrose is dead?

GuyontheRight said:
Yea, it's been awhile, a year I guess. Sorry to inform you :?

Dang, I'm just dissappointed there won't be any more books... Altho I've only read like part of one lol.

I love the History Channel. I love to learn about history and I really enjoy their WWII stuff, its really interesting. It's my favorite channel.

Back