The Highway Man's Great North Run 2016

I used to be that size, I'm more Exocet shaped now. ;)

Hehe well done, it is hard work getting back in shape.
Last year I was diagnosed with a mild cardiac ischemia so started the process and managed to lose 44kg (114kg down to 70kg) so far mainly through ditching junk food and developing portion size.

I have only just begun building fitness and hope that will push me to the final weight of around 65-68kg.

However I am opposed to running at my age as it does nothing for your joints so taken up bike riding instead.

Anyway as I said well done, getting control of weight and fitness is a hard thing to do once you let it go the first time.

Hot off the press today. ;)

me_zpswbvqzebp.gif

Come on rabble, get down the back of the sofa and look for the loose change, just over 36 hours till I run myself into the ground, it'll be on telly, so it should give you a good laugh - for those that have already donated, thanks once again, to those that haven't - tightwads!!! :D so come on, you know you want to! ;)

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ScouseTom

I'll be easy to spot! ;)

WP_20160901_11_01_22_Pro%202_zpsrr8s65az.jpg

My doctor advised me not to do this one but I went against his advice as I had raised too much money to pull out. I'll see how I feel once I get down to my weight target, I still have another 42 pounds to lose. My wife said she would love to run it with me in a couple of years!

It was a very hot day - for September! more committed runners than me were dropping like flies! they didn't prepare the way I did. As a regular first aider on the event, I had made a mental note of all the previous injuries I had dealt with and came up with plans enabling me to finish. ;)

medal_zpsnp7efcie.jpg

About the only thing missing to make that outfit complete is a set of fairy wings and tiara.

:)

Congrats again man, it must feel great to have accomplished it.

Back