Highschool Football

one of our football coaches:
theres nothing worse than a redneck who thinks hes a badass
lol

anyways, we beat the South Central Trojans ( :lol: ) this Friday, 28-0. it was a good game, a battle at first, but after one of our sophomore linebackers cracked their star player real good 2 plays into the game, it was all downhill from there. we had all heard a lot of talk about and from them, and they couldnt back it up. what an exciting game, at one point, we were up 8-0 when our senior DT and captain gets in there, knocks the ball out of their QB's hand, scoops it up, and takes it about 60 yards for a TD!!! this guy is fast, hes a lineman, he ran a 4.8 second 40 yard run. then, in the second half, we got a huge goal line stand, and our QB decided to crack their star again, that one looked painful, but he hit him, readjusted his helmet, and kept going!! and our big sophomore reciever pulled a muscle, he seems to get injured every year..... but he also plays basketball, so no more needs to be said there.

then, today, we played their JV team, and we won, 32-20. i got to play for a while at CB, we had the freshman Defense in, and they broke a long one, then a few plays later, 1st and goal from like the 3. they scored, but i got to crack a kid real good. it was the most fun JV game iv ever played.

note: the freshman have a game on Monday, i will be playing, probably starting that game. their starting corner popped his shoulder out, so he will be out until later in the week. story to follow.

okay, to add to an already long post, here goes: we played Mapleton, we won by quite a bit at the end. and guess what? i didnt start, im pretty mad at some of our coaches right now. after being told i would probably start and definitely play defense, they pull another corner out of practice (even tho he's not ready to play, and he plays a lot of JV) and i dont get in a single play on defense. oh yeah, Mapleton is not a real good team, so there first play was where the QB walks over to the sidelines like he doesnt know what to do, then they snap the ball, and do a play. the second was where one guy sets the ball on the ground and someone else picks it up. they did trick plays the whole game, and it didnt work.

dont you just love homecoming? i do, we had the chance to ruin homecoming for a previously undefeated team, it was great. at the end of the first half, it was 14-9, with us in the lead. 3rd quarter, we score 32 in that quarter, they score 0. 2 interceptions in our favor, a crap call against us, and a few touchdowns, and it was easy!!! well, not easy, but you get the picture. at the end, it was 46-16, so we won.

Varsity 4-1
JV 4-1
Frosh 1-3-ish

about an hour ago i got back from our JV game, it was awesome!! it was against a private school, one that i dont particularly like (damn rich kids), their varsity team is usually a playoff team, so theyr a pretty good football team. well, after one of our soph. RB's breaks 2 long TD's, both with the same play, and unofficially getting 5 2 pt conversions (there were 2 penalties on the 2 pt'ers) well, it was over. later in the game, we got another really awesome TD. another soph. RB, this kid is 120 lbs, very little muscle, but hes a scrappy little Mexican kid, he hasnt had a TD since 6th grade, and today he got it against the team that he hates. then, 4th quarter, i got to go in. i was in on offense, and i blocked one guy, then tripped over another guy. then we scored, and i went in on D. well, they scored, but i got a tackle!!! iv never gotten a tackle all by myself in a game, so that was pretty big for me. anyways, we won 36-6.

Washington's Homecoming was last Friday, of course we played Sturgis, everyone chooses their game against Sturgis as homecoming because Sturgis always loses. here is a link to the article in a local paper. This season has many similarities to 2003 when our only regular season loss was to Yankton, who were would play and lose to again in the State finals. Just like that year our offense is racking up big numbers and our defense is shutting down our opponents. In another similarity to that season Yankton is ranked number one in the state right now.

For those who do not wish to read the entire article, here is a rundown of how it went. Score at halftime was 41-3 Washington. Final score 70-9 Washington. All 83 players who dressed got a chance to play, those 83 players include Both Freshmen teams, our Sophomore team, our JV team and our Varsity team. In the past we have always played our Varsity team only for the first half, and then our JV team, in the past we always had an approximately 40 point lead going into half but did not score many points in the second. This year our JV, Freshmen and Sophomore players were able to put an additional 29 points on the board. Hopefully we will end our longest streak ever without a state title this year and increase our national record of for most state titles to 36.

I would also like to note that West Central has one five consecutive 11A state titles and this is supposed to be one of the most talented teams they have had in a long time. They are the largest school in 11A and should be playing 11AA but unfortunately every year the coaches vote to keep O' Gorman at the 11AA evel even though they do not meet the requirements in terms of enrollment. There are 16 teams in 11AA, technically 17 but Douglas plays against 11A teams and whoever finishes with a better record, Sturgis or Douglas, gets that fourth spot in Region IV. The coaches don't want to mix it up by adding a 17th team to the regular schedule and they do not want to make O'Gorman or Huron move down to 11A.

well, last week we won against a team that hasnt had a win yet, so we beat the m 53-6 (it was 63-0 last year).

this week, we beat another conference team, we are now 6-1 overall, 4-0 conference. it was an interesting game, they run a Wing T offense, and the swinging gate for PAT's, so that kept it interesting. anyways, the opening kickoff was returned all the way by our returner, his last name is Martineau, which is apparently hard to pronounce correctly, leading to a lot of nicknames (Gardenhoser, Rosenbagger, and now Froggenlegger). anyways, thats 2 games in a row where we took the opening KO back. then they came back and scored quickly, making it 8-6 with us leading. most of the rest of the game was just solid offense and defense, nothing really spectacular until one of our senior LB's blocks a punt and takes it all the way. those were pretty much the defining moments of the game, leading to a 42-6 win for us. and i got to go in for the very last play, so im pretty happy about that.

also, today in JV i got to play for most of the 2nd half, so once again i was still pretty happy. it was a freezing cold day, with a little bit of rain thrown in, so it was miserable on the sidelines. then, i started subbing in on offense at WR, and i cracked a OLB. it was exciting because i have never done that before. i also played CB for the last several minutes, and we held their JV to 6 points, so a 28-6 win for our JV too. im pretty sure that playing in 3 games in 3 days (JV, Varsity, Frosh) i think i got more playing time in those 3 days than in any other week in my life.

HELL YEAH BABY!!!!!!!!

34-0, thats all i need to say.
Last Friday we beat the Monroeville Eagles, 34-0, for homecoming. Now, for some background. The last 2 years, we have lost to them by a grand total of 2 points, each loss in some way due to a questionable call (an inadvertent whistle that brought back a huge TD, and a arguably failed 2 pt. conversion). We haven't beat them in 14 years, they haven't been shut out in 14 years, and this is the year. The game begins: kickoff is returned to the 22, decent. First offensive play, 2 yard flare pass to our HB, he runs for a 78 yd. TD!! what a start, hard hitting, offense, defense, it was terrific. they slowly drive their way down the field, and get stopped within reach of the goal line. several plays later, another running back breaks a 6o-something yd run, 14-0. a few more defensive stops, the end of the first quarter, some more offense, and now a short run for a TD. it was great. fast forward: 4th quarter, score 27-0. they have the ball, middle linebacker gets through the line untouched, hammers the QB, fumble. outside linebacker scoops it up, takes it 60+ yards, TD, 34-0. it was amazing.

the next day, JV shut out their JV, 36-0. it was gonna be the same, but then we got a safety, and then it was over. 2 great games in 2 days, now for next week.......

Varsity 7-1 (5-0 Conference)
JV 7-1 (5-0 Conference)

Well, the season's been long over for Irvine High. We're dropping down a league next year, so hopefully we'll make it to CIF.

Well, I might as well fill you guys in. Football season is over, and has been for several weeks now.

We lost 26-32 to the St. Paul Flyers (rich private school bastards). They are still going, in the playoffs, we were so close!!!!!

The week after, we beat the Crestview Cougars 28-0 (I think).

Varsity 8-2 (6-1 Conference)

We missed out on playoffs by less than half of a point (they use a point system to get into the playoffs in Ohio.) Bummer, but there's always next year, at least for me.

The lufkin panthers( my school) are having semi finals for texas state champ. against southlake carol

Well, football season is back! And we are now 1-0 for varsity and JV! The varsity score was 20-6, and the JV score was 26-6. Both were real good games, altho in the JV game they scored (to break the shutout) with less than 30 seconds left. Anyways, we are on the right track this year! The other team seemed to be the heavy favorite, being that they are a bigger school, and are usually a pretty good football team, it was exciting to beat them 2 years in a row after several years of getting destroyed by them.

Back