Highschool Football

The Other Guy said:
My team is Watkins Memorial. Crummy name, I know.

1. Beat Central Crossing, 9-0
2. Beat Groveport, 21-7
3. Beat Lakewood, 42-12
4. Beat Mount Vernon, 41-14
5. Lost to Martins Ferry, 48-14
6. Beat Dublin Jerome, 42-0
7. Beat Big Walnut, 7-6(first win EVER over Big Walnut)
8. Beat Franklin Heights, 26-0
9. Lost to Olentangy Libery, 28-6
NEXT WEEK: Pickerington North :biggun:

Considering the fact that three years ago we were 0-10, this is pretty good.

Big Walnut? What the hell kind of name is that for a high school?

silent driller said:
It's official. We no longer suck at life, only at football... :?

same here, our football team sux, our chearleader sux, or drumline sux, but the marching band is kickass!

hmm...i went to a small private school, and we sucked. actually our school was so small we had to combine our football team with a couple of other small private schools so that we could have enough players. but i'll save the embarressing scores for another time and just say we were 0-9. but, just to defend them (i'm not a football player and could care less, but a couple of them are good guys) we did play some of the hardest teams in the state since we were in the private school division. we got slaughtered by the St. Louis Crusaders, and Kahuku.

im new so i wasnt here when football season was going on but the team i cheered for all season did freaking awesome. i never missed a game. had a few friends and my boyfriend ( now ex) on the team. (all now are going to ohio state, oregon, usc, and cal.) so here it is the results for my fav HS team. gooo diablos! woo Mission Viejo- 14-0. South Coast League Champions. Division 2 CIF Champions. PERFECT SEASON!
smallHCfootball.jpg
My Favorites
nickandrewry.jpg

.4ever Proud-JHC-My Bro.My Hero.

silent driller said:
Big Walnut? What the h**l kind of name is that for a high school?

It's right next to the big walnut creek. It is in the town of sunbury, Ohio.

Lost our final game by about twenty. cost us a playoffs appearance.

well, football season is back again!! the Western Reserve RoughRiders are now 1-0. do you know that one team that for some reason you just cant seem to beat, every year? no matter how hard you play? WE FINALLY BEAT THEM!!! a 13-9 at the end, 2 TD's and 1 PAT for us, a TD w/ PAT and a safety for them. (the safety was intentional, at the end of the game, so they wouldnt get the ball on our side of the field.) it was exhilerating. too bad i didnt get to play until today in the JV game, but we won that too!!! 30-0!!!! how are all of your HS teams doing so far?

Friday was a clean sweep for Sioux Falls High School football.

Sioux Falls Lincoln 28, Spearfish 7
Sioux Falls O'Gorman 49, Sturgis 0
Sioux Falls Roosevelt 69, Rapid City Central 0
Sioux Falls Washington 44, Rapid City Stevens 7

We beat the West River teams by a combined 190-14. Just to give you an idea of how big this is, Lincoln sucks! They have finished last place in the city since..... I don't know, since they built that school. And Spearfish won the state title two years ago and made it to the semi-finals last year (I think, could be wrong :? ) Washington, where I graduated from in May, has a new coach after our coach left for Edina, MN 5A ball. OG and Roosevelt played in the finals last year, both have high powered offenses but the score for O'G makes me think they are not what they were last year. Strugis hasn't won a game since 1994, if a new coach went there and won a game they would probably make him the guest of honor at the Stugis Motorcycle Rally in August and give him a key to the city.

you guys are lucky. we still got 2 weeks before our first game. ive graduated but now im coaching the JV at my highschool. things arent going to well here. No feeder program, you know what I mean? oh and

DarkMB, you mentioned your team is in CIF, same here. CIF SS DIV. III.
if your talking about the same Foothill that I know, losing to them isnt really a bad thing.

well, we didnt have a game, but this is a cool thing none the less. are you guys getting the rain from that Hurricane in Louisiana or wherever it got to? we are here in ohio, and in practice today it was raining and muddy and everything. it was terrific!!! haha, fumbles left and right, broken tackles, slipping, sliding.... anyone else get the privilege of playing in the rain today?

Update: we are now 1-1, after losing to Margaretta, 33-0. it was horrible. JV was closer, but we still lost 12-14. and get this, we lost becuase they caused a penalty. it was on a 2 point conversion that we needed after one of our senior recievers (and hes playing JV...) gets a touchdown. we're all lined up, and then a flag gets thrown for encroachment, but the whistles dont get blown. so we finish the play, we get the 2 pts., but then, they say it was a dead ball penalty, and they move the ball to the 1 and then we dont get it. the call was right at the end, but they should have blown the whistles, i was on the sidelines, and there were no whistles, at all. dont you just love JV refs? how about the rest of you guys?

Centennial Highschool decimates all!!!!CeHS First game we killed the Rattlers like 48 to 8 or something like that. Go COYOTES I think we win mostly because of are AWESOME cheerleaders, so hot.

Fight song:

On Coyotes to victory!
Come on and win for the Red
white and blue something something
something GO COYOTES GO
something I forgot the words
blah blah blah On Coyotes to victory!

we had a scrimmage tourney this morning. Against Kilpatrick, Village Christian, LA Baptist, and chatsworth. anyone from those schools or know of them? First game on friday vs Mountain View HS.

Well, Washington managed to squeak one past Stinkin' Lincoln 15-13 to improve their record to 2-0. Sturgis almost ended their 68 game losing streak (now at 69, I think that is a national record.) against Rapid City Central but lost 27-24 in OT. Apparently because Central had lost 69-0 and Sturgis had only lost 49-0 the week before all of Sturgis thought they would win, afterall, they only allowed 49 points. The game was played in Rapid City but all of Sturgis showed up for the game, the stadium was packed with Sturgis fans and more were outside because they could not get in to the sold out game. Sturgis had a 24-21 lead in OT but only a couple plays after making the go-ahead field goal the Central QB hit a wide open receiver for a long TD, game over, Sturgis lost. (what a surprise.) O'Gorman won the Dakota Bowl, beating Roosevelt 24-14 in a rematch of last years state title game. West Central, the 5 time defending class 11A state champions opened the season with a big win over Harrisburg, who is in their second season in Class 11A after having dominated Class 11B for the last decade. If it was not for O'Gorman West Central would be in class 11AA but to add them without dropping another team would really shake things up the balance between the Greater Dakota Conference and Eastern South Dakota Conference would be completely offset. (the GDC is definitly the better of the two conferences, the record books even prove it)

While researching to try and find out if Sturgis' 69 game losing streak was a record or not I found out that my former High School, Sioux Falls Washington, has more state titles then any other team in the nation with 35 Titles and is tied with a team from Hawaii for most consecutive titles at 14. The most amazing part about our 35 state titles is that we have not won a title since 1976, 29 years since winning and yet we still hold the record. :rambo:

BTW, Chad Greenway, from the University of Iowa is a product of South Dakota 9-man football, as long as he does not get injured I think he and Abdul Hodge will both be top 10 draft picks in next years NFL draft. Could you imagine the chaos they could cause in the NFL if they could somehow find their way onto the same team?

yesterday (Friday) we played the Firelands Falcons, and i must say it was one of the longest games of my life. up and down the field, passing, running, a few drops and other problems, but we won 49-0, so its ok. our passing game has really improved, we had several long pass-catches and they were instrumental in winning the game. in the 1st quarter we scored 28 or 29 points right there, and from then on it was over. in the 4th (get this) i actually got to play 2 varsity plays at wide reciever!!!!!! :rambo: now you may say that thats not real impressive. but let me explain something, the night before i had gotten to play in the Freshman game before it got lightning-ed out, and.........

im a sophomore, so thats pretty big for me. also, today (saturday) we had our JV game at Crestview, they have a good football team, and even for the JV's we expected to have a close game. we won 30-6. in the 4th, i got to play some more. at cornerback in the 4th, theyr in our territory, and i have a short little kid to cover. he was short, maybe a shade past 5 feet. i just wanted them to put the ball over to give him a chance, so that i could pick it off of course :twisted: well, it didnt happen, but the other corner (a freshman, like me but a year younger, even the same numbers) did pick it off, and got about 10 yards on the return, and so ends the game.

and thats the end of a ridiculously long football story.

also:
varsity now 2-1
JV now 2-1
freshmen now 0-3

Alright, friday, we won 61-6. I honestly find going to football games boring now. Theres no action. Its like we arent even playing another team.

Back