Highschool Football - Page 2

--

October 13th, 2004  
Senses Failed

Berwick just lost it's first game 20-23.

Still we were just ranked 5th in the USA TODAY poll of HS Football programs
October 15th, 2004  
Darkmb101

Irvine High's Homecoming football game is tomorrow night, it would be too embarrassing to lose.
October 23rd, 2004  
Darkmb101

We BEAT Laguna Hills last week at homecoming 8)

We're gonna kick Woodchux ass (cross town rivals). They're goin DOWN!!!
--
October 23rd, 2004  
The Other Guy

My team is Watkins Memorial. Crummy name, I know.

1. Beat Central Crossing, 9-0
2. Beat Groveport, 21-7
3. Beat Lakewood, 42-12
4. Beat Mount Vernon, 41-14
5. Lost to Martins Ferry, 48-14
6. Beat Dublin Jerome, 42-0
7. Beat Big Walnut, 7-6(first win EVER over Big Walnut)
8. Beat Franklin Heights, 26-0
9. Lost to Olentangy Libery, 28-6
NEXT WEEK: Pickerington North

Considering the fact that three years ago we were 0-10, this is pretty good.
October 23rd, 2004  
Damien435

Well, we finished the season off by getting our butt's kicked by O'Gorman, 34-7, we had plenty of chances to keep it close or win, but we blew it, we had the ball on the 1 yard line, got stopped on the run, penalty moved us back, and we fumbled. Then we had the ball on the 5 yard line, fumbled again, and at the end of the first half we were going for a field goal, it was blocked and O'G ran it back for a TD, real killer.

At the beginning of the year everyone was so excited, I heard this alot "The no-huttle offense is gonna be awesome, nobody is gonna be able to stop us." My response, "No, everyone is gonna be able to stop us, our offense, or lack their of, can not handle the no-huttle, in the past we ran the ball, nobody (except Yankton) could stop our running game, we were scoring 40-50 points running the ball, now we are gonna go with the no-huttle, try to pass the ball more often, and only score 30-40 points per game while wearing down our players who play both sides of the ball, letting the other team score on us." They would say some un-needed remark about me being a pessimist, but let them, al I care about is us winning, and if I feel that our awesome defense is the key to winning and someone disagrees with me I will inform them how I feel. Nebraska was, in my opinion, the perfect model for our team, they had probably the best and most famous defense in the country (how many college football teams did not come to fear playing against the Black Shirts? Not many.) and their offense consisted of the option and nothing else, they ran the ball left, right, and straight at the opposing defenses and they did it well, scoring upwards of 70 points, they ran the tables on the Big XII for years, at one point (meaning up to a few years ago) over 80% of the people of Nebraska sat down and either watched the game on TV or listened to it on the radio, I know my family did and we live in South Dakota and I am a Iowa fan, yet we always watched the Nebraska game, that is the power of College Football.
October 24th, 2004  
Darkmb101

we lost pathetically to Woodbridge, we havent lost to them in like 5 yrs.
November 8th, 2004  
silent driller

It's official. We no longer suck at life, only at football...
November 8th, 2004  
Damien435

My Warriors got killed by the O'Gorman Knights on Saturday, 42-6 in the semi-finals, damned those Catholics, they are not even large enough to play in in class 11-AA (My school could easily go AAA but we are the only school in the state large enough.) oh yeah, we also had to play them on their home field, which means that their was no room for our school's fans, and they wore their green jersey's becuase they are very, very arrogant. Of course O'Gorman also recruits from around the state, hence why they can compete at the 11-AA lvel when they have a student body of less than 900 compared to our 2,300 and rising. Just to think, if the Minnesota Vikings had moved their summer training camp to Sioux Falls we would still have a 10,000 seat stadium, but it would be domed, which means that the State title game would likely be moved, and since Sioux Falls almost always has atleast one team in the title game (two this year) it would mean a lot less travel time and expenses.

All in all, I hate O'Gorman, I hope Roosevelt whips them on Saturday, Go Rough Riders! (Only this one time, I swear.)
November 9th, 2004  
Darkmb101

We lost our last 2 games one was just embarrassing 0-35, the other was close but we couldnt win it: 24-28 One last game to make it into the playoffs on sat.
November 9th, 2004  
Damien435

We have a crappy playoff system in South Dakota, we used to be a member of the Sioux Interstate Conference, that included all the Sioux Falls schools (3 public and 1 private) and all the Sioux City schools (Also 3 public and 1 private) but then we left that conference and joined the Greater Dakota Conference, that is the four Sioux Falls schools, the two Rapid City schools, Sturgis, and Spearfish. The West River teams are never that good and Sioux Falls always has at least one team in the top five, we had three teams in the top five this year, and yet those two teams have to play each other becuase the West River teams wanna have their fun, so now we have a region system, and that puts two Sioux Falls teams in once region, two more in another, the west river teams have their own conference and then their is the north east schools. So basically you have the worst four teams playing each other and the best four teams playing each other in the first round of the playoff's, does not make any sense, does it?