Highest Skydive

m551sheridan

You folks have no doubt seen this Australian guy pull this feat off.. Amazing really, but it got me to thinking... can it be broken? I say YES!! How you might ask -- DO NOT allow any more Vodka in the ISS. Then you'll see one of the spacewalkers doing the * breaststroke* towards the outer atmosphere, then sparks will be seen....
57.gif

The man is a hero! A true pioneer!
And, he did it on the anniversary of Charles "Chuck" Yeager first breaking the sound barrier in the X-1.

A real brave man... This guy is up in the class of Neil Armstrong, Chuck Yeagar, and a lot of those guys.

Thay ought to make movie of this feat... :)

I wish he were an Aussie lol .... We may claim him yet.
Bugger that, he's just a bloody show pony, anyone can do it if they're silly enough to try. That's the best thing about gravity, it rarely ever fails.

Now, if he were to jump out of a balloon and land on the moon,... now that would really be something to crow about.

I say, "Bah, Humbug,... let those damned Austrians have him" Austria is only Australia with the "al" missing anyway. They're deprived, y'see?,... unlike us Aussies, they actually need the glory.

Last edited:
I watched it live via Red Bull's Livestream. T'was quite the thing to witness. He travelled at 700+MPH at one point... :O

He also broke the previous record for the fastest freefall... held by Rangers - freefalling to the fourth division of Scottish football :D

In all seriousness, congrats to the man. Crazy b*stard.

He also broke the previous record for the fastest freefall... held by Rangers - freefalling to the fourth division of Scottish football :D

It's the 3rd division actually! ;)

If you're going to make a joke, at least get your facts right! :p

Back