High Schools Are Unamerican!

JWIlls94

Banned
Modern day culture stresses pigeonholing kids into groups. There are way too many people for aggressive classification of students. I think this is unAmerican and unpatriotic. People in America should look at each other as Americans not jocks or nerds. How do we get rid of High School subcultures? Mandatory school uniforms? Patriotic classes?

Last edited:
It happens everywhere, not just American high schools. It is of human nature to subdivide ourselves. The very fact that you said "People in America" serves to prove that very point.

Are you still bleating? How many things have you complained about now? Foreigners, the young, the police, the military and schools!!! Is there anything you actually like.

I loved it when they made school uniforms mandatory. It saved money and time while shopping for school clothes every year. I noticed that it cut down on gang related problems also. The students were more inclined to realize they were in a school setting and not too concerned with making it a social event. It lessened the need to feel popular every moment with their peers.

The students who felt left out and as if they were outsiders began to associate more and in the activities of every day class. I heard nothing but positive from the teachers about this and the students didn't complain about it too often either.

The focus began to shift to only the shoes worn and this was much easier to deal with than worrying about a whole new outfit everyday. Once that problem was out of the way it was much easier to shift their focus off what they wore and onto classwork instead.

Last edited:
I hated that place, many behavioral mistakes I made there. However how our high schools are "un American " when they developed based on the social and cultural influences of our own country is beyond me.

Maybe anything to do with education by that logic is also un American?

Modern day culture stresses pigeonholing kids into groups. There are way too many people for aggressive classification of students. I think this is unAmerican and unpatriotic. People in America should look at each other as Americans not jocks or nerds. How do we get rid of High School subcultures? Mandatory school uniforms? Patriotic classes?

And from the looks of it you want a society of nothing but the same. Sheep. Blind faith. Blind patriotism.

Perhaps people in America should see themselves as humans first, that might be a more effective way to undermine this subculture you speak of then simply just "American". Also, which America? There are dozens of countries in North and South America, which one are you referring to? Unless you are arrogantly and aggressively putting the US as the only sub culture in all the Americas worth emulating....which is then not only arrogance, but bigotry too.

See how that works?....morons....they're everywhere....

Back