High Oil Prices & Tyranny

phoenix80

Banned
High Oil Prices & Tyranny

click to enlarge

Today's high oil prices have direct impact on how oil rich tyrannies like the Iranian regime is acting.

7 years ago, when the oil prices were about US $ 20 per barrel, the regime was talking about friendship and dialogue with the rest of the world and now that the oil is pushing $72/barrel the very same regime is speaking about wiping off another country and creating tension all over the place.

The First Law of Petropolitics
  • " Iran’s president denies the Holocaust, Hugo Chávez tells Western leaders to go to hell, and Vladimir Putin is cracking the whip. Why? They know that the price of oil and the pace of freedom always move in opposite directions. It’s the First Law of Petropolitics, and it may be the axiom to explain our age. "
By Thomas L. Friedman

The higher the oil prices go, the wilder "the oil-rich despotic countries" get!

Shut off their ability to export oil and they are gone in days!

Simple, huh? Not!

Bah, this is human nature. Show me a rich man who is humble and I will show you the world's greatest actor. When you are poor you are humble and cooperative when you are rich you're a bastard. Nothing new.

bulldogg said:
Bah, this is human nature. Show me a rich man who is humble and I will show you the world's greatest actor. When you are poor you are humble and cooperative when you are rich you're a bastard. Nothing new.

And this is my point

And unfortunately these oil rich countries threaten the world security

Only because we have empowered them through our lazy reliance on their oil rather than developing new technology for our vehicles or for extracting oil from shale. Why is it with all our advances of the last hundred years the internal combustion engine is untouched?

bulldogg said:
Only because we have empowered them through our lazy reliance on their oil rather than developing new technology for our vehicles or for extracting oil from shale. Why is it with all our advances of the last hundred years the internal combustion engine is untouched?

It will have to change soon

bulldogg said:

Amen to that, brotha!!

Ditto; but I think we are at least 20 years away. Thats when its estimated that Hydrogen Fuel cells become economically sound.

bulldogg said:
As far as I know America is the most richest country in the world.:D

bulldogg said:
Don't knock the rich, when did a poor person give you a job.;)

Not to defend bastards with a lot of money, I am going to have to disagree with BD on this little rant. Money is neutral until humans get their grubby little hands on it. Money can be used for good as well as bad. Here is my case. There are poor people who are complete jerks as well as poor people that are compationate, and there are rich people who are complete jerks as well as rich people who are compationate. Money just allows us to see a person's character a bit easier than a person without it.

bulldogg said:
Food for thought... *pondering*...
I made you think...who would have thought :-D

As for the issue at hand, I do not think the correlation between freedoms and cheap oil is warrented. I am a big fan of peak oil and the fact that that we will see "Hubbard's Peak" in the next decade or so. Its not about freedoms, its about supply and demand. Oil is a finite source and its production will eventually be on the decline, driving prices higher than they are right now.

Thats my beef on it

Last edited:
Doody said:
Don't knock the rich, when did a poor person give you a job.;)

Not to defend bastards with a lot of money, I am going to have to disagree with BD on this little rant. Money is neutral until humans get their grubby little hands on it. Money can be used for good as well as bad. Here is my case. There are poor people who are complete jerks as well as poor people that are compationate, and there are rich people who are complete jerks as well as rich people who are compationate. Money just allows us to see a person's character a bit easier than a person without it.

Great points, couldn't have said it better myself.

I have a few friends that would be considered wealthy (as in owns several of Europe's finer hotels and resorts) though you wouldn't know it to look at them or talk to them. They're very frugal and live a modest life (except for those times when you're out with them and they suddenly decide to pick up every patron's bar tab) and really quite humble.

I'm sorry BD but I'll have to agree with Doody on this one and disagree with you.
I' am young but what I have learned about money is that he does never change the heart of a person. I do not believe you would become a bastard if you made a lot of money.
Money and education will enhance your qualities if you have some and will worsen your flaws. You'll be snobbish and conceded and will start to look down on people if you already were a bastard and now have won the lottery. You will not become humble and cooperative if you lost your money. You will still be a bastard. My opinion.
:eek:fftopic::sorry:

Last edited:
Been pondering and arguing this in my own head, even broke out a couple books and re-examined my position and...

I am also going to have to disagree with this dumbass called Bulldogg who said that. WTF is wrong with this guy? :)

Yeah Doody, you're right. Just to be clear I have nothing against rich people and nothing against people with money who behave like members. Its there God given right to be an ass if they choose to be. And I never said money WOULD change you into a person of ill repute. ;) Guilty conscience IG?? hehehe

Back