Hi there, I think I have a question you may be interested in

Researcher

I'm brand new to the board. Nice to meet you uys in advance. I've been reading posts for a while, just joined yesterday.

Not mil., thinking about it though.

I'm doing some research on a pyschopath who claims to be Force Recon. I'm pretty sure he was not, He's one of these martial arts loons who's list of (fake) credentials is longer than your arm. Any wayI figured there has to be a way to find out for sure and I was hoping someone here knew.

Hope I'm not bringing this up too soon after joining the board.

P.S. He says his records were hidden by the CIA. He had some trouble before when someone else figured him out, hid out. I've got more info, records request form etc.

So, anyone want to help root out a fraud?

-------Thanks,
Researcher

All military records are stored my the DOD and can be accessed with a FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) request. They will not release anything dealing with National Security issues or secret information, but you will be able to determine if he was in the military, what branch, what MOS, active duty dates, and other general info, including awards.

First, Welcome.

2nd, Military.com has a finder section where you can at least see if he is/was military. It shows branch and most recent rank/rate.

Welcome to the Forums. Don't think I can help you out with the Force Recon thing, though.

Welcome to the forums Researcher. :)

I'm sure there are members in here that are able to help you.

I don't know how you can confirm it, but something smells funny judging by what you have posted here...

Welcome to the forums. I bet if u question him enough, he'll start contradicting himself and looking like an ass.

Thank you, nice to meet you all.

I will let everybody know what I come up with. Has anyone ever done a third party DOD records inquiry?

Or done this at all.
see you in the other posts. 8)

Courtenay said:
2nd, Military.com has a finder section where you can at least see if he is/was military. It shows branch and most recent rank/rate.

Military.com is not completely accurate and should never be used as a source for verifying someone's credentials.

Researcher said:
I'm doing some research on a pyschopath who claims to be Force Recon. I'm pretty sure he was not, He's one of these martial arts loons who's list of (fake) credentials is longer than your arm. Any wayI figured there has to be a way to find out for sure and I was hoping someone here knew.

Hope I'm not bringing this up too soon after joining the board.

P.S. He says his records were hidden by the CIA. He had some trouble before when someone else figured him out, hid out. I've got more info, records request form etc.

So, anyone want to help root out a fraud?

It sounds as if you already know he is a fraud. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck .... just call him on his BS and move on. If he is engaged in illegal activity, report him to the proper authorities. Sharing his personal information to any Tom, Dick or Harry that roams the net is not a smart move, on your part.

whoa, lol I'm not a military intelligence officer or guidance counciller, but welcome anyways bud.

Back