hi there guys :)

RookieShot

I find all your posts and stories fascinating! I love reading them.
Sadly I am not serving, however I am doing firearms and bodygaurding training. One of VErY few females here in SA.
I eat, sleep and breath firearms and shoot every week. Less than what I want to.
I am a member of a 3gun tactical gun club and kick some very strong male competetors bums! They have given me some solid advice and I love receiving tips.
Sniping.......the furthest I have shot with a 308 was 300m with 5rounds on an a4 target. I only misd one shot. I didn't read my weather properly.
Hope to get to know u guys better, as I receive very valuable info from your threads.
Thnx!
Xxx

Hi Rookieshot. I am also in South Africa, I live in the Western Cape. I've been trying to fight the new gun law for the past 12 years. Its like banging one's head against a brick wall to get people to help or at least sit up and take notice.

:bang: <----Just like that

Last edited:
Haha no worries. Why u havin trouble with the new firearm law BrittainAfrica? Its actually quite a simple process. It only takes time to get approved. It sux!
I originally from West Coast. Born and Bred......
There so few chix that dig guns and stuff its scary!

Why envious? U say it like its a bad thing haha
The boer and zulu sites r really cool to c, but very far apart though.
What r all of u's likes and dislikes?

Haha no worries. Why u havin trouble with the new firearm law BrittainAfrica? Its actually quite a simple process. It only takes time to get approved. It sux!
I originally from West Coast. Born and Bred......
There so few chix that dig guns and stuff its scary!

I've along with a few others have been fighting it for over 12 years, its not designed to issue licences, its designed to remove all guns from civilian hands.

My friend, now u are def treading in a active minefield!
U r quite right, remove the boer's "defence" aka removing all firearms, what else do we have?
No my friend, I don't hand in, I don't surrender.
The law is designed to have loopholes. U just gotta search for it
And use it. Take a look through a difrent mindset. Just enough to benifit yourself.
No law is flawless.
Yet, they may remove the means, but never our pride and honour to our people, family and God.
Never. I will die for that.
Over....

I have owned a gunshop here since 1996, we are also accredited trainers. But personally I have retired due to ill health.

I'm sorry to hear. Hope u still doing well though.
What training do/did you give?

The required training under the FCA 60/2000. It's designed to make it unaffordable for most people. People can pass the course but still get refused the licence. It's like passing your driving test to be told, "You don't need a car so we are refusing your driving licence."

But that's ubsurd! They can't do that! Why have the training /licencing in the system if u r refused your licence then.

But that's ubsurd! They can't do that! Why have the training /licencing in the system if u r refused your licence then.

They can do it and they have done it. As I told you, the act was designed to refuse licences, not to grant them. The training and licencing is smoke and mirrors, they let the public believe they are allowed under law to get a licence, which they can. The trick is, getting it.

My son was working at my shop as a salesman, he was turned down for a licence with the reason, "Lack of motivation." What more motivation does he need working in a gunshop?

When he applied again, I wrote his motivation, I covered every single area that the CFR might use to refuse him, I took photographs the whole nine yards. His motivation came to about 100 A4 pages (I'm not kidding). It took over two years but he finally got his licences.

If anyone is refused they can appeal, but unless they use a lawyer (more money down the drain) they are usually refused.

The officer in charge of the registry has overstepped the mark many times, and he gets away with it every time.

A friend on mine in Texas once told me, "If we had him (the officer i/c of the CFR) in Texas, he'd be swinging from the end of a rope."

My biggest problem is the vast majority of firearm owners (99.9%) will not stand up for their rights.

What people of South Africa do not realise, even though someone has never owned a gun, nor intend to, the FCA affects them too. I refer to the search and seizure section of the act which allows any home or property to be searched without a search warrant. A police officer only needs to say, "I suspected there were illegal firearms on the premises." Job done.

Back