Hi from a Scot

piper4

Hi everyone,

I am a Scot living in England with two grown up kids. I have been interested in military subjects from an early age (I'm sure my dad wanted a boy lol ), my two late uncles were in The Seaforth Highlanders during WW2, two others were with the Desert Rats. My father spent WW2 on RAF bases as construction worker then after the war he built submarines until he ret.

For myself I tried to join the WRENS, Women's Royal Navy about 33 years ago I discovered I wasn't tall enough, nowaways I guess I would be perfect for a sub!

Over the years I have seems to have built up a large collection of Military books on various subjects mostly non-fiction. At present I am making an Album of Remberance for the Soldiers of The First World War I am trying to get a picture postcard of a soldier of each Regiment, once I get the Brits done I'll move onto everyone else.
I also write stories as a hobby and enjoy researching them,

Well I guess I'd better stop that's me being a chatty Scot. I hope you don't mind me browsing through the Forum as a non military bod!

Many thanks
Piper4

Hi, Piper. Welcome to the forum, glad you could join. Look forward to your posts on here!

Hello piper4, and welcome. I've helped deliver blue and gold star flags to a lot of folks who I consider as much a part of the military forces as active duty soldiers.

Welcome to the forum Piper. Me best mate in the whole world is a Scoot from Glasgow and half me family does too... I'd say being non-military does you no harm on these boards, a brain is required from time to time and I reckon you'll be fine.
:)

Welcome to the forum Piper. Me best mate in the whole world is a Scoot from Glasgow and half me family does too... I'd say being non-military does you no harm on these boards, a brain is required from time to time and I reckon you'll be fine.
:)

Thanks Bulldog, I'm originally for Port Glasgow. I sure do miss looking out at the River Clyde and the hills beyond!

Piper4

Back