Hi

cPFC/SAJROTC

Im a 15 year old future military officer, and felt that reading through these boards might help me decide which branch and specialty I'd like to go into.

I read a lot about new military technology and can ID most of it on sight and am a WW2, and Vietnam history buff.

See you around the boards

c/PFC Jared Woody
JROTC

Welcome Jared.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have, I'm sure that we'll be able to answer most of them. :)

Welcome welcome welcome! Enjoy, and don't get scared away by me. hehe, just kidding... they don't let me out much... (haha, just picking)

Welcome :) Three more years until college - then you graduate up to ROTC. It's good you know what you want to do in life, or as the multiple recruiters have told me:

"Yah... you stay have some time to think about it."

I do hope we can be of service.

Since my last name is Doody, I can safely say you'll have your name torn up a bit when you go to basic.

Welcome!!!!

Trust me Doody, already happened, I think the Drill Sgts would be hard pressed for a new one.

My name and rank:

Private Woody
Seaman Woody

So, combine those with being stuck with pubescent teenagers 5 days a week for 9 months, you are going to hear them all :)

thanks for the warm welcome though everybody. And Crazy, trust me, in terms of insanity, I dunno if you could even come close to me, let alone scare me. The only thing I take seriously is JROTC and military...

Welcome aboard, fellow cadet. I'm a C/CPL in the finest Marine JROTC unit in the state of Florida, about to start my last year of high school.

And if you think your name was screwy, listen to mine: Ho. Add to that my first name (Nam, which means 'Man' in Vietnamese and can be spelled backwards to get 'Man') and I'm a Man Ho. And since last week (sworn into the Army), I'm a Private Man Ho.

If there's anything I can call advice to sling in your direction, it's to keep your ears open more than your mouth. Especially pay attention to the SMI and ASMIs in your JROTC unit, they'll teach you a helluva lot about leadership. And you'll need it to become an officer.

Because it's not what you know. It's how you use what you know with what you've got.

Thank you for the advice Acerbus. But out of curiosity, SMI and ASMIs I assume those are the instructors?

Further proof that the branches all need to get under one language.

Army: SAI (Senior Army Instructor), AAI (Associate Army Instructor)
Navy: SNSI (Senior Naval Sciences Ins.), ANSI (Asst. Naval Scis. Ins.)

Out of curiosity, does anyone know how the drill commands differ between Army and Navy? I've been studying the Navy (preparing to enter Sophomore year and spend the next 3 at a NJROTC School) ranks and rates, but no site I've found can list the Drill Commands and what they mean.

ex: Salute: Army "Present Arms/Order Arms"
Navy "unknown"

Back