Hi from New Zealand

jmc

Hi my names Mark:wink:

Im from the bottom of the south island of New Zealand, a place called Invercargill. I am 17

Early next year I am going to find out if I have been accepted as a soldier into the NZ Army. But if I dont gets accepted this time you are likely to get in in the next intake.

I cant wait, Ive wanted to be in the army since I was about 7 or 8:p

My choices were:
1. Field engineer
2. Crewman
3. Vehicle mechanic

I joined this forum to learn a bit more about the military. Even though our DF is tiny compared to the rest of the world.

So yea look forward to learning some stuff:rambo:

Yep you train to drive the LAV's.

Ive sort of changed my mind since I applied, now I want to start as a crewman....cos you get to drive the LAV's:cool: Then do a trade change to a field engineer in a few years.

I also would love to be in the SAS. I want to at least give selection a go. Ive heard some pretty horrible stories from some of my old man's mates, about SAS selection/training. But it still hasnt put me off:)

Thanks for the welcoming

Welcome, Mark. Remember, a DF doesn't have to be huge to be good. Look at the IDF. Hope you make it.

Hey mark I live in NZ as well I know the NZDF is small but its good you don't let that discourage you welcome.

That is because they are always short of Rifleman, just don't let them talk you into Artillery Ordinance. :)

Welcome aboard, good to have another Kiwi around (keeps the Kiwi:Aussie ratio in check).

Back