Hi I'm new :)

Dutchy

Hi there,

My name is Rick, 22y old, I'm from the Netherlands and live in Amsterdam. Found this forum while surfing a bit on the internet. I have no military expierence besides a internship of 6 months with a technical department of the Royal Dutch Airforce Tactical Helicopter Group at Soesterberg AFB, housing some obsolete Alloutte III's and one SQN of Chinooks and Cougar's. Mostly interested in WW2 and military/civilian aviation in general.

Still going to college, hope to end my study (Aviation) late 2005, after that...maybe try Dutch Airforce. Ow well thats about it. Hope to learn during and enjoy my membership!

Greetingz,

Rick aka Dutchy

welcome to the forum Dutchy!!

Can you tell me what is going on with Holland and immigration? I have been hearing some news about some social problems associeted with immigration.

Doody said:
welcome to the forum Dutchy!!

Can you tell me what is going on with Holland and immigration? I have been hearing some news about some social problems associeted with immigration.

Well i guess you have heard about the dutch filmmaker Theo van Gogh whom was brutally murdered in broad daylight by an islamic extremist? This event kinda started the whole discussion again about immigrants, mainly from North Africa, who come/came to the Netherlands but don't make an effort to integrate into the dutch society and accept its values. Some politicians have to be kept in safehouses because of threats made by islamic extremist. Apparently there is a group of about 150 of these nutcases under surveilance by the Dutch inteligence agency known as the AIVD. Most of these people have double nationalities, being the Dutch and there country of origin. The goverment is trying to get a bill passed which would allow them to take away the Dutch nationality and kick immigrants who commit heavy crimes or become islamic extremist back to there country of origin. They are also asking normal islamic people to report people who are extremist or becoming one. These recent events also created a discussion about the freedom of speach vs insult of religion, al lot of political discusion going on here, right winged politicians who are willing to take action are gaining support from voters, election is some time away though, so will see what happens.

My personal opinion: I respect whatever God u believe in, dont bother me with it and dont try to force me to convert to a religion or try to change an entire society just because you and a relatively small group of supporters dont like it. Killing someone because of some (maybe even true) insulting remarks on tv and in collums about your religion is pathetic or weak. If u don't like the liberal Dutch society then bugger of and try to sell your extremist crap elsewhere.

Welcome to the forums Dutcy.. :)

I've visited your nice (and flat) country three times, and I enjoyed (most of) my time there..

The Nijmegen march in 93, 94 and 96... 8)

thanks for the info :D

yeah, the murder of van Gogh was the main theme of the news report. As always, it's good to hear the facts from someone who lives in country rather than the media.

Welkom Dutchy.
I been to Holland a few times as well and spent most of my time probably in Wijk aan Zee, a small place a 10 minute bus ride away from Beverwijk.
I also went to Amsterdam when I ran away from home once. lol.
Well hope to engage in more discussion in the other threads.

Hey Dutchy what up? Welcome aboard. Uhm.. I sorta agree on most of your opinions about the immigrants. The "European" way to multiculturalism, as opposed to the American way, has failed.

Thanks for the welcome every1.

@Italian Guy:

I must agree that European way of multiculturism has failed as opposed to the American or Australian approach one some points. Oh well, i hope european governments will at least learn something about there mistakes and dont make them again :shock:

Back