Hi im gilbert

Gilbert

My questions are can u join the canadian army with a conditional discharge after the sentence is carried out and im also debating the canadian army or the french foreign legion what i wanna know is does either of them offer better training than the other I wanna be the best soldier i can be oh and would the conditional discharge effect me getting into the FFL

Welcome aboard. I can't answer any of your questions, but I'm sure someone here can. Or at least will be able to point you in the right direction to get the answers you seek.

Funny story, well not so funny for him. I had a soldier named PFC Gilbert. He got hit by a train a couple days after he PCS'ed from my unit. Still haven't figgured that one out yet. Anyways welcome to it.

Welcome aboard!

Unless you have the misfortune of living in Quebec (and thus being fluent in French) and have a masochistic nature, you do not want to join La Legion!
In fact, I don't think anyone should join there without having some basic experience of being yelled at by a :drill: and an idea of how things work.

Thanx for the welcome guys

I really appreciate it and if I can get some advice on my current situation that be great Thank you

FFL

I know a lot of people say that the french foreign legion is a pretty hard place to train but to be quite honest i see that as a challenge and I love and live for that kind of stuff im strongly considering it if u wish to call me insane or stupid guess i can t say i blame ya

I don't wish to call you anything, neither stupid nro insane, but I do fear that you're not too well informed about the challenges you may meet in the Legion.

You have to be in good physichal shape, a basic knowledge of French will help you stay through the initial 3 months, wich by the way has very little to do with military service as you know it, you'll be doing cleaning and sweeping mostly.

Ah wait a minute, there's a couple of threads here about it, read them!

http://www.military-quotes.com/forum/french-foreign-legion-page9-t96313.html

http://www.military-quotes.com/forum/what-abou-french-foreign-legion-page4-t18938.html

Back