Hi every one - I just joined

phoenix80

Banned
Hi every body

glad to be here. I am an Iranian, living in Canada.

Proud to be here. I served my country's military as a private 1st class in the Air Force.

I am coming from a military family too. My dad is a retired Colonel with the Iranian AF.

Good to be here! ;)
iran.gif

thanks a lot every one.

Btw, I have to say that I am a pro-American guy.

I do support President Bush and his policies. Some might find this disturbing but I do believe in what he is doing now.

Please feel free to ask me question about whatever you feel you need to know about Iran, me and mideast.

I am also on number of other forums like acig.org/forum

freerepublic.com

and former IIAF.net forum

I served in Iranian Air Force too! what else?!
ok...

Lets' roll!

iran.gif

Welcome. I've known a lot of Iranian Americans, not all left for political reasons but usually for educations or religion. One of my workmates was an Iranian Jew so you know his reason.

just to clarify, i wasnt sayin that i thought he moved for a bad reason. just that i have heard of movin for other, dumb, reasons. my parents dragged me out of my community so they could open a bed n breakfast.

FULLMETALJACKET said:
the Iranian Air Force? What was that like?

http://www.iiaf.net

this might give you a look into the imperial iranian air force pre-1979 revolution.

Actually, IRIAF (IIAF) is a small scale model of the 1970s USAF.

IRIAF has F14s, F4s, RF4s, F5s, T33, P3F, Ch-47 Chinooks, B214, B206, B212 and AH-1Js, C-130s, B747 aerial tankers and command-ship, KC707, F33, PC6, PC7, HAWK missile batteries, Skyguard, and after 1980-1988 war with Iraq, IRIAF purchased some Russian stuff like Su-24s, MIG29s, MIG21s, SAM7, SAM6,.... etc

I served first as a staff in Archive and then re-assigned to maintenance management HQ.

It was fun!

IRIAF has good and very educated officers (most were trained at US Air Bases and britain during the 70s and 60s).

I posted a thread in "BOOK & Movie review" section of this forum which contains 3 great books on Iranian Air Force.

You might find them interesting to read!

Welcome! Like your s/n -- I'm a fan of the F-14, and did a report on the AIM-54 in Navy ROTC (it also helped that my advisor was an F-14 RIO), so I know the missile's capabilities well.

phoenix_aim54 said:
I do support President Bush and his policies. Some might find this disturbing but I do believe in what he is doing now.
Considering that Iran was on the opposite end of the Iran-Iraq war, I'm not surprised. :)

phoenix_aim54 said:
My signature doesnt show up
And my Avatar is not shown here too.

Can I ask why?
You need to "buy" those privileges. By posting, you build up Milbucks. Then, go to the MilForum PX (link's at the top of the page), and you can spend the Milbucks to activate your avatar and sig. Hope that helps!

Thanks AJ

But the reason I support Bush has nothing to do with Iran-Iraq war.
Indeed, i like him for opposing the mullahs ruling my home country.

phoenix_aim54 said:
But the reason I support Bush has nothing to do with Iran-Iraq war.
Indeed, i like him for opposing the mullahs ruling my home country.
Ah, okay. Makes sense, too.

Back