Hi from Buenos Aires

MHG

Hi, I am 24, living in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Right now I am attending to the UBA to get my degree as an Editor, it is not military related but I am decided to graduate since a collage education is important for many things, and at least is important to me.

I am not planing on making a civilian career though, for some time now I don't have much interest in civilian careers other than for having a stable income. For some reason the only career that motivates me is the military, but here in Argentina this is probably one of the worse moments ever to follow a military career, the problems are several and long to explain, even some young officers I've met told me that they want to leave the army and go back to civilian life (much better benefits) and some even hae expressed their wishes to try and join some other country's military.

I have been a cadet in the "Colegio Militar de la Nacion", but for the previously mentioned problems I decided to leave. I am now in the army (Ejercito Aregentino) reserve, as everyone here that has served in a force for a given period of time automatically goes to reserve status when they are no longer in active duty.

Anyways, I am thinking on joining a foreign military sometime in the future, but not before getting my degree, wich will be helpful if I ever have the opportunity to become an officer, and also as a personal thing.

Right now I have been considering two options, the French Foreign Legion or a US armed force, Army most likely, as I would like to go to Armor (tanks). There has also been a possible third choice in the german army, since I am currently learning to speak german and I've heard that they take non nationals in their lines. The spanish army seems like another choice, the language is the obvious reason since it is the one I am most proficient with and I've also found that their are currently taking south american recruits.

Well the post has gone a bit longer than I thought, but at least it does explains my reason for joining the forums and what my current situation is.

Welcome aboard! I was down in Argentina over Christmas and New Years. Great place, I had a lot of fun there. Spent most of my time in Palermo, but also went to to the Puerto Madryn area and Mendoza. Beautiful country.

Hi MHG and welcome!
Just wandering about your ambitions to be able to serve for different countries forces... unfortunately, very few are of policies to allow foreign nationals to be in own structure...
Best of luck anyway!

Back