Hi All

Sword Beach

Missed this section when I joined, but better late than never.

Have served in the British Army, nuff said.
Been in the Fire Service and I've just left the Security Industry after 14 years.

Main interests are the British & Canadian Armies in WWI; the 1745 Jacobite Rising; Scottish weapons of the 17th & 18th centuries; Operation Overlord and the Battle for Normandy; Operation Market Garden; drinking whisky; drinking Leffe :lol:

Politics? Just don't ask me what I think of Blair :cen:

I'm a member of a number of other forums dealing with WWI, WW2, 1745 and yes, you've guessed it.......whisky!!

Italian Guy said:
Then i'm curious, man! 8) Libdem is my third guess.

:lol:

Well, I have been known to vote for the 'Bring a Bottle to the Party' Party, and also the 'Monster Raving Looney Party'.
A few years back I voted LibDem in the locals, and in the last locals I voted UKIP.
Push comes to shove then I would have to vote Tory, 'cos I'll never vote Labour :cen:

Good to hear that. My girlfriend is a sympathizer of UKIP. We're beginning to get more and more skeptical about Europe even on the Continent.
Later SB -

Italian Guy said:
Good to hear that. My girlfriend is a sympathizer of UKIP. We're beginning to get more and more skeptical about Europe even on the Continent.
Later SB -

I have nothing against Europe at all, I love France and Belgium in particular (probably because my great uncles are buried there). But I resent being told by my government that if I don't think joining the EU is a good idea then I'm some sort of nutcase.
I also can't figure out the argument that if the UK doesn't join, fully, with the EU then we won't be able to trade.....eh? We trade with Russia and China, are we part of their countries?

Anyway, this isn't the palce to get political and I shouldn't have started it in the first place :roll:

Back