hey yall! i have a question i need help with!

kim1230

im new to this.. my fiance is in the U.S. Army..hes in basic training at fort benning. well he has a torn stress fracture..he came home on leave during christmas..then went back jan 5th..hes in pysichal therpay and now hes saying how he wants to leave and stuff..im really want him to stay in!! but this is my ?..

so he wants to leave the army is that possible?
like he really wants to change his MOS but they wont let him because hes to far along in the infantry trainning..
Is there anyway he can change it?

plz help!

there is a way for him to change his MOS, one way is too do a LAT move, but depending on the branch of service, i believe they are the same, you have to spend 2 years in that MOS, before u can LAT move. Second, is that he is uneligible for his MOS and they(the government) makes him change his MOS, as far as him not wanting his current MOS, what he signed up for is what he gets... its tough love, but it does cost the military $$$ to change someones MOS, the training, the gear, and ect... what he needs to do is talk to his career retention planner, thats his best bet.

Welcome abord kim

Tell your fiance that there might be a way to change his MOS, (we called it NEC) but he will probally have to finish his training first, I don't know how the "new" Military works but if its anything liek it was back when I was in if he drops out they'll send him out as a non designated private and you know where they go.

Back