Hey, I would like some help/ info.

Tanner

Hey everyone I am 16 and preparing myself for my future in the Marine Corp. I already know what I want to do for the Corp. My goals are to serve as an Infantry Officer and I understand how to get there, but I don't want to end my service there. I am also interested in joining Force Recon and become a scout sniper after I have served my time as an Infantry Officer. But I don't know much about the requirements needed I am a very smart individual and always challenge myself Physically and keep a top performance. But I am wondering if because of my future goals, will I be aloud to become a Force Recon Warrior after I am an Officer. I have an understanding that if you have a high rank you will most likely be in joint ops. ordering your men from a safe position. That's not what I want to do, I want to be able to fight along side my men and get the full Force Recon Scout Sniper Experience. So with my Goals in life will this be Possible?
Any advice would be helpful, but preferably from someone in the USMC [= thanks

Last edited:
Hey everyone I am 16 and preparing myself for my future in the Marine Corp. I already know what I want to do for the Corp. My goals are to serve as an Infantry Officer and I understand how to get there, but I don't want to end my service there. I am also interested in joining Force Recon and become a scout sniper after I have served my time as an Infantry Officer. But I don't know much about the requirements needed I am a very smart individual and always challenge myself Physically and keep a top performance. But I am wondering if because of my future goals, will I be aloud to become a Force Recon Warrior after I am an Officer. I have an understanding that if you have a high rank you will most likely be in joint ops. ordering your men from a safe position. That's not what I want to do, I want to be able to fight along side my men and get the full Force Recon Scout Sniper Experience. So with my Goals in life will this be Possible?
Any advice would be helpful, but preferably from someone in the USMC [= thanks

My unit's Gunny is former Recon, so I went and asked him about it. Officers can be Recon Marines, but cannot be designated as Scout Snipers.

You'll probably get to Captain or Major before you get out, if you follow the more usual USMC officer path and aren't going career. If you want to go Recon, you'd have to either designate Infantry (0302) out of TBS and then try to pick up a Recon billet sometime during your time there. As far as I know, there's no direct way into Recon.

http://www.forcerecon.com/reconfaq.htm

Back