Hey up

jequirity

Hey all, this is my first post on this forum so forgive any mistakes in it. I'm Jequirity, a scottish student studying in Scotland :drink: (Makes sense really) and found this site randomly searching for info about the Challenger 2. I don't have the intention of joining the forces any time soon but i am interested in warfare in the 20th and 21st centuries and have read a lot of interesting posts about such matters on this site.

I guess i can't be lumped into either the hawkish or doveish catergories when it comes to the whole "War on terror" fever gripping the world. I totally agree with America invading Afghanistan but i wish America would have finished the job completely there, the people of Afghanistan deserve a stable country after all the crap they've gone through. As for Iraq which i've noticed is a thorny issue wherever u go, i'm all for America, Britain and the rest of the coalition to stay and get the job done. I am hugely disappointed though that the American Administration put their troops lives in danger and failed them by declaring a war on shoddy info:-| . Thats a school boy error in my opinion.

I can't stand hippies though, well most of them. I'm definitely for nuclear power and nuclear weapons, i'm against political correctness, its gone too far! I understand those who opposed the second gulf war, they have very compelling arguments backed by reliable facts; i can't understand those that wish to withdraw the troops before the job had been done, it makes no sense to me:confused: . I try to follow common sense i suppose.

Anyway, enough of the boring stuff! These are just my opinions and not judgements on anything or anyone, i'm a pretty light hearted guy who likes to make the best out of a bad situation;-)

I'm pretty interested in mechanized forces and always lament when armies arround the world cut down on their heavy armour. I'm immensly proud of the British Army and very respectful of the American counterpart. I sometimes poke fun at the french one too for a laugh:eek:.

Well that essay just about sums it up i guess
I'l catch u around!

Jequirity

Welcome aboard mate. What school might you be getting yer education in? My best mate here is from Edinburgh.

Studying at St. Andrews mate, got a coupla mates from Edinburgh, its a bloody fantastic city, reccomend a visit if u can. Lots of good pubs to have a satisfying pint in and lots of malt whisky stores for a fly dram! Edinbrugh Castle is a good one too, with a decent museum containing a lot of info on the scottish regiments.

Cheers mate! Look forward to posting on this site, hope i can contribute more than just my opinion though - i have a tendancy to do that i'm afraid. Hopefully though i should be able to get some decent info here and be able to share it with all.

Oh God, not another one of those!! Can we get more people in here who are not going to pull everything that I say into doubt?

Yours Faithfully
Ted the Red esq. (oh and p.s. I own a pair of sandals and have facial hair occasionally!)

Welcome Jeq. See you in the debate halls!

Ted said:
Oh God, not another one of those!! Can we get more people in here who are not going to pull everything that I say into doubt?

Sure we can! You should take off from work and protest. :mrgreen:

lol, you're a good sport, Ted.

Ted said:
(oh and p.s. I own a pair of sandals and have facial hair occasionally!)

That means he has a fake beard he wears off & on, kidding. :-D Well, it sounds like you wrote my introduction down to the letter. Welcome.

hehe, ur welcome in here good man :)
Must say a rather fascinating intro you provided, just shows how great you are ;)

Again, welcome, and have a nice stay 8)

Back