hey there

andysgirl

hi i saw this board on google looking for how to deal with your partner being in the marines. My name is natalie and i am 17 almost 18 years old. I live in indiana and are graduating this year. I have a boyfriend that i am serious with that is joining the marines after highschool. I plan to go to college and major in equine. He wants to stay together when he goes. I love him very much, and are willing to that. Is there anyone on this forum that is in the marines and has a loved one back home or has been throught it??? i have been applying to colleges all over the country. He says he will probably be in cali after bootcamp. I want to be close to him, so thats why i am applying everywhere. What is it like to have a partner in the milatary??? Do things work out most of the time??????? please anyone reply. Thank you

Hi andysgirl! I hope everything works out well for you and your sweetie. There is a forum for military SOs (significant others), I can't find the address right now, but I will look for it and post it later. There's wives, moms, girlfriends etc. there. Those folks may be able to help you alot in your journey!

I was married for 6 of my 12 years in the Corps. My marriage has lasted mainly because my wife was a Saint throughout all the deployments and dealt with the uncertainity without many compliants and always with support.
Welcome aboard.

I imagine it must be real hard for the loved ones of all soldiers/sailors/airmen/marines. Welcome.

03USMC said:
I was married for 6 of my 12 years in the Corps. My marriage has lasted mainly because my wife was a Saint throughout all the deployments and dealt with the uncertainity without many compliants and always with support.
Welcome aboard.

That's wonderful 03USMC! Maybe your wife knows some Marine Corps wives and girlfriends support groups that this young lady could look into!

First welocome to the forum.

I have been married through my whole career, and through many seperations due to deployments and being gone for training. It can and will work as long as you guys are honest and faithful to each other. I wish you and your boyfriend the best of luck....

thanks for being so nice and incouraging. Yeah we are 40 mins away from each other, i drive there every weekend to see him. We have been goin out 8 months. If anyone knows that address plz let me know thanks

natalie

Back