Hey...I'm new here!

Laur7usaf

Hi people!
My name is Lauren and I'm getting ready to leave for Air Force basic training in August. I am really excited to go...I am ready to graduate high school and start out my life in the "real world". I know I have made the best possible decision for myself, but everyone's a critic when it comes to which branch one should join and what jobs are the best. I can only go by what my family has told me and how I feel. I am very confident in my decision to join the Air Force and work for the Security Forces. Ya, ya, ya...lots of people have grimaced at me when I have told them what my job is going to be, but on the other hand, I have had people applaud me. I can only find out what it's really like by doing it and I am looking forward to the challenge. Just being a part of the greatest air force in the world and defending my country is good enough for me. I will be honored. What's funny is that my dad is the commanding officer at the Los Angeles Naval Reserve Center in Long Beach, yet I joined the Air Force. Hopefully, there will be no rivalry. Well, more later! Bye!

Welcome to the forum Lauren.

Good luck with your future military career.. :)

Welcome to the forums Lauren. I am also an AF security forces troop :2guns: , and I am one of those that applaudes your decision. Do you have any idea where you want to get stationed yet? Well good luck to you the AF is a great decision.

Where I want to be stationed

Well, I would ideally like to be stationed @ Hickam AFB but I heard it's pretty hard to get that one. I would love to go to England or Italy. I really don't want Edwards though. I live right by there and I don't like it very much. I want to leave this valley, not get stationed in it!

Hickam can be hard to get, I mean everyone wants to go to Hawaii. England or Italy shouldn't be to hard but just remember if you don't get what you want just go wherever they send you and get the experience then you can put in to go to Hawaii or Italy, etc.... Good Luck if you have any questions let me know I can try to answer them for you.

=)

thanks so much! trust me, if i have any questions whatsoever i won't be hesitant! you guys are great!
~Lauren

Re: Where I want to be stationed

Laur7usaf said:
Well, I would ideally like to be stationed @ Hickam AFB but I heard it's pretty hard to get that one. I would love to go to England or Italy. I really don't want Edwards though. I live right by there and I don't like it very much. I want to leave this valley, not get stationed in it!

If you ever come to Italy I can provide ya with all info needed.

Back