hey im new here.

nikoloslvy

hi
im actully thinking about enlisting in the marine corps.i failed the math section of the asvab.im looking for some very patient volenterrs who can help me(prefribly in person)send me a pm(can you do that here?).
thanx and good luck to me.

Welcome to the forum, Nik.

I would suggest you double-time it to your local bookstore and purchase an ASVAB study guide. They run between $15 -25 dollars depending on the make. As well as practise tests, the guide will also include step by step instructions in figuring out the mathematical problems that may be on the test.

Did you fail the "Pre-ASVAB" or the ASVAB itself? The Marine Corps gives a screening prior to discussing any potential contract. If it was the ASVAB you failed, ask your recruiter to take some time with you once you've purchased a study guide.

Good luck.

pre
i have the book.(cough!)not helping.you caqn see by my profile ive been to a number of schools.i got my ged(800 out of 800 in reading-remeber to self promote)but barely passed the math.im suprised my local grocer dosent ripp me off evry time i get change,then again i wouldnt know.

Welcome Nik. PM me and tell me just what dificulties you might be facing with that math. And maybee...you might want to join the Air force instead? :D

Mark Conley said:
Welcome Nik. PM me and tell me just what dificulties you might be facing with that math. And maybee...you might want to join the Air force instead? :D

Hehehe. :lol:

Air Force guys do know their math so he is the best one to ask...

are you in the airforce or do you just wanna keep me out if youre marines(hehe)
ill pm if i got problems.i just had my old ged book mailed to me.mabey that will help.

my recruiter ( just gave me a number for a math tutor.
he dosent get in till 10:eek:o pm.
i hope hes got time for me(and dosent charge much if anything at all)

if i scored perfect on evrything but the math what should my score be?
(i know my score but its realy embarising.dont i need at least a 50 if i have a ged?are they makeing exceptions due to the war?id ask my recruiter but hes huge and scary/heheh)

my selfish post about me.

hey folks.

flunked out of the marine corps.
permanantly dissqulified for all branches of the millatry.
im gonna hurl my overweight self out a friggin window!
ahhhhhh!
drinks are on me.

keep up the good fight.

im thinking about the idf(isreli army)
very tough foks in a very tough part of the world.
there is nothing like fighting with brothers defending their homland on their home turf.
pm me for patriotic bs(i dont know if politics are allowed on this board)

scored 76 out of 105 on a.s.v.a.b.
paseed the eye exam without my glases.
passed the hearing etc.

against the advice of people who know these kind of things i admited to having hepotitus a when i was 8 and bleeding hemoroids (cured)about 6 months ago.
theres warnings evrywhere about lying and "2 years in prison, millatry disshonrable disschatge for lying.
i know now that hemoroids and hepotius probably wont get me in the hole, but i was scared at the time and figured honesty is the way to go.
i should be shot in the balls,hung,laughed and pointed at.

side note met some great kids at the hilton(they keep us there after the a.s.v.a.b.
sry if i forget peoples names,you all rock! brooklyn in the house! we must protect this house! hurah!!
wanted to steal the glass ashtrays but rememberd they put youre bag through the meatl detctor.
did my hole di bit on the buss
some kid:"im the m f n p.i.m.p."
me at the top of my lungs in a angry holler: "im not youre dad im not youre mom! im both! im here to make sure you dont get killed!! 1!...2!
"look at me soldier! wht are you looking at?! dont look at me! you think im preety? get down 1!...2!...
"i can kill a man within 500 yards.......are you 500 yards away from me! get off my bus youre f'ng up my corps!
"***EDIT*** youre mom! do you wanna hit me! 1!...2!...get down! get down!...get up! get up! do it now! now! now! go ! go! go!
the bus was laughing at my vulgar dissplay of bad langguage and the di anger in my voice.they said i should be a di and that id fit right in.
ps things i forgot to shout:
uh ahh i wanna kill somebody!!
uh ahh i wanna kill somebody!!
and
my corps!!
youre corps!
our corps!
marine corps!
ahh ha!
oh yeah!
ah ha!
hurah!
hadcore!
marine corps!
oh yeah!
ah haa!
and dirty/deadly "i dont know but ive been tolds"
pm me for more of my story(i'll try to remeber evry detail of waiting...waiting...give blood...wait....pee in a cup....wait...)

Re: my selfish post about me.

nikoloslvy said:
...permanantly dissqulified for all branches of the millatry...

Not necessarily. You may be disqualified for service as a Regular/Reserve/National Guard...but have you considered volunteering in an alternative such as the Coast Guard Auxiliary, Civil Air Patrol (Air Force Auxiliary), or your local State Military Reserve? Assuming that you are at least 18 years old, your medical history may not be a disqualifying factor for joining one of these groups. True, these organizations may not be as glamerous and "gung ho" as what you were looking for, but their members serve with as much honor as their Regular brethren.

nikoloslvy said:
against the advice of people who know these kind of things i admited to having hepotitus a when i was 8 and bleeding hemoroids (cured)about 6 months ago.
theres warnings evrywhere about lying and "2 years in prison, millatry disshonrable disschatge for lying.
i know now that hemoroids and hepotius probably wont get me in the hole, but i was scared at the time and figured honesty is the way to go.

Actually, honesty IS the way to go in such situations. If you had lied about it, and such was discovered later, then yes you could receive up to 2 years in military prison followed by a dishonerable discharge.

Look at it this way...let's assume that you were serving with a guy and you found out that he lied about his medical history. Wouldn't you wonder what else he had lied about? Would you ever be able to completely trust him again?

training day 33 of 38 here at s.o.i(school of infintry) failed boresighting for the 81 mm.get to try again on sunday or get droped.
would bullshit but need smoke.if you havent figured it out...i made it throough boot camp and most of soi.

i let you know if i made it.

(my own cadence.if youre in, youll get it.if havent enlisted and dont get it...enlist in the corps. oraaahh!)

s.t.t.t.o.( song to the tune of) i wanna be a drill instructor.

i wanna join mct
i dont wanna be infintry
im scared of the enemy

i wanna be an 11 baybah
i wanna see the whites of their eyes
i wanna be an 11 baybeh
make em scream an make em die

i wanna be a 52 baybeh
i wanna drive a humvee
i wanna be a 52 baybeh
suv aint good enough for me

i wanna be a 51 baybeh