Hey ALL I just finished Basic Combat Training!

EternalOne

Well all I came to this website about 4-5 months ago and asked tons of questions about Basic Training and everything else I went through basic training and am now in AIT learning my Mos which is 13Foxtrot

congrads man, it's good to see a fellow FISTer

Just remember that AIT only teaches you the very basics of being an FO. There is much to learn once you are assigned to your first duty station

SGT Doody

and (pardon my ignorance) what does a 13F do for a living?
is there a site where it lists the different "codes" and a more, well, linguistic description??
and what does FIST stand for?? F something in training??

but hey apart from that congratulations!!!

Fire Support.
(if you're curious about the meanings of the various MOS codes, check out the "What's Your MOS" thread, there's a link in there that will help you out)

Congratulations, EternalOne!

Locke said:
and (pardon my ignorance) what does a 13F do for a living?
is there a site where it lists the different "codes" and a more, well, linguistic description??
and what does FIST stand for?? F something in training??

here is a link to a thread on the topic of 13f forward observer.

http://www.military-quotes.com/foru...order=asc&highlight=forward+observer&start=15

if you have anyother questions on 13f, post them there and I will be more than happy to answer them

cheers

Doody said:
hey CavScout...If I am not mistaken, you 19d guys probably get a bit of training on how to call for fire. How good are ya?

Splash over!! Splash out!!

When I first started I wasn't so good...I killed a few cows at Ft. Hood Texas...got better after that... I was able to do a "danger close" call with acurracy after some..... motivational speaking. Its been 18 or so years but we did get quite bit of training over all.

Back