Here is my new Rifle: FR8 Spanish Mauser

Joker

Just bought me this little bolt action rifle/carbine.
After shooting olympia skeet with my 12/70 over-under shotgun for the last 3 years I thought about getting something new.
Its chambered in 7,62X51, has a 5 round internal magazin and is about 39" short and weights about 7lb 6oz! It has a V-sight for 100 meters and peep sights for 200,300 and 400 meters on a rotating disk.

Here are some pictures:

FR8 with Blackhawk 3 point sling.
cimg1655ft5.jpg

V-sight
cimg1653jf5.jpg

Peep sight
cimg1654ty8.jpg

Naked
cimg1647hh7.jpg

I think it looks a little bit like a M14.

JOKER

Oh how I hate you.... I've been wanting a FR8 Mauser for a while. That's a real pretty one. Haven't seen them in that condition here in the states for a while.

The FR8 was a Small Ring Spanish Mauser re-chambered and given new sights and a stock to train new troops in the then modern and new age CETME (G3) rifle.

They make great project rifles... I've wanted one to turn into a scouting rifle.

One straaaange lookin' critter. It appears to be neither your arm nor your elbow. What's the purpose of the tube below the barrel? It does appear to have a reasonable finish though, ceptin' that straight handled bolt.

What does it shoot like.

Give me a nice Czech made Kar.98k any day, or a Spanish Mauser cavalry carbine in 7.62 x51

Last edited:
Oh how I hate you....
I would love to say that we are even now but you are sooooooo far ahead with all your gear and guns that you have and that I can only dream about!!!! So I think I hate you about 1 000 000 times more than you hate me!!!:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

@senojekips
What's the purpose of the tube below the barrel? It does appear to have a reasonable finish though, ceptin' that straight handled bolt.

What does it shoot like.
The tube is for the cleaning kit and to fit the bayonet.
Didnt had the chance to shoot it so far, 100 meter ranges are rare where I live.
But what do you mean with this?
It appears to be neither your arm nor your elbow.
Cant get it.

@the_13th_redneck
know firearms are legal in Austria. Didn't know they were legal in Germany as well.
They are legal here in Germany as long as you use them for sport or hunting. I had to go to shooting safty/weapon law class ("Sachkundeprüfung" in german) with about 36 hours total, plus a final test. Then I had to got to shooting training constantly. Be a member of a state-approved shooting association for at least 1 year and I need a police clearance certificate. Then you get permission to own a firearm for that definite sport (In my case skeet and a 12/70 over-under shotgun). Plus, you need to prove constant training for the next 3 years. If you dont train enough (about 18 training sessions over the year) they can revoke the permission. After that you are allowed to own different rifles, except fullauto, semiauto or Pumpaction. No Pisotls (you have to do that s:cen: again to get permission for one of them), same for semiauto rifles like AR15´s, G3´s...........

Hope you understand what I tried to say.
If there are more questions, feel free to ask!!!

Joker
P.S. She (I like to adress it as a "she") cost me 250 Euros

Last edited:
It looks like the mix breed by Kar98 and M-21. heh Nice Spanish Mauser, Joker. It's extreme rare to see FR8 Spanish Mauser in Texas.

I took her to the shooting range for the first time at Wednesday. It was only a 50 meter range but better than nothing. I´ve only had 20 rounds due to the fakt I haven´t received my ammo order so far. My friends went with me so I was only able to make 5 shoots myself. First 3 where all at 7 o´clock in the 5 and 6 and my last 2 rounds went strait to the middle (9 and 10).
Everybody was totally hooked, including me!!!

:rock:
Joker

Last edited:
I would like to ask someone if the flash hider being cracked on my fr8 will affect accuracy,or do damage. Thanks

Back