Who here has done Flight Training?

We always use air tow in pacific region. We've never even seen a winch or auto launch before. We use the L-19s too, none of this scout business.

NCdt Steliga said:
That's pretty cool. What kind of tow was it? (Auto, aero or winch)

Most people around the RGS(A) site don't get 39 min flights even when they get brought up to 5 grand. We actually had one girl that got a 5 grand tow and she was down within 11 mins because she had to pee. Myself and the 6 other Cadets there wanted to smack her for that.

Good ol' L-19's. The Atlantic region uses them as well.

Kinda strange that nobody that I know from ANY of the other regions do auto tow. It's actually cool to watch. It's like flying a kite.

I had a pretty good flying day today. I've been out almost every weekend. I hope I get my fam rating by the end of this season.

Nice. Good luck with that. I've had my licence since the summer of '02, but I never had enough time to get my famil rating.

There was a sky diver that wandered into the gliding practice area this weekend. I missed him by about 200 feet. WHat a retard.

Yea, the good thing was, it was completely his fault. He landed right by the LCO stand too. He got sorted after that.

I can bet he did. If someone did that in Debert, they probably would get their :cen: reemed too.

i do orientation rides all the time cessna 182 and some gliders fron NYC. orientation flights you do fly the plane, at least in my squadron/wing we do. I'm gettin my solo wings this summer so i can't wait. I know the commander of the 174th so he gets me flight time whenever he can.

Back