Help? Is it worth it?

Kyle, I'm in the UK. I'm ex-Royal Marines.

Don't rush into your decision. Weigh up all options.

It would be much easier to join a UK military force.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

True, don't run into things. It might be easier to immigrate to the US if you want a civilian job there and not joining the military. I don't know if you have been in the US, Kyle. However, it is a difference to visit a country than to move to it. I know a bit how it is to immigrate, you will miss parts of England, things you don't think of now, but you will miss it

Last edited:
Kyle, I'm in the UK. I'm ex-Royal Marines.

Don't rush into your decision. Weigh up all options.

It would be much easier to join a UK military force.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Hi mate, is there anyway we can communicate off forum chat i have a few things id like to know if thats possible?

No, they were airmen in khaki. :p

We were issued Khaki in the Far East, the Rock Apes were issued OG's.:confused:

Well if she has a grandad "fetish" I guess? ;) :p

OUCH. You risole you.:firedevi:

As it happens some women like older men.Dunno about Granddads though

I know that RMP aren't as fit but we're intellectually far superior!!! (we needed to be, to separate truth from bullshyte with squaddies. ;) ) :p

Why do RMP's have dogs? Because the dogs are more intelligent then the monkey.

Then you have Officers who are even more intellectually superior. :D

And my bums a kipper. Ruperts need a batman to help them get dressed.:p

Last edited:
I suppose an American service member should chime in on this.

Yes, you do need a green card to get into the US military. With that being said, you will be severly limited on what you can do in the US military if you join with only a green card. You will not be able to get a secret or top secret clearance unless you are a citizen. This will have ramifications down the road should you join and decide to stay in. You have to be a citizen to recieve either a warrant officers or officers commission. Granted, you may be able to fast track citizenship through military service...but...you've got to get the green card first. That can be a problem.

The US military right now can literally pick the cream from within the US right now because the economy is so bad. Simply having a high school education as a foriegner is not enough. Why would it be when we have US citizens with college degrees joining the enlisted ranks? It's a cost benefit thing for the military. Why take the chance on a foriegner when there are ten overly qualified citizens in line waiting for a shot. ANY type of criminal history can disqualify you and waivers are getting really hard to come by.

Is it possible? Sure it is. If it's something you really want to do then go for it. Just don't think the grass is going to be greener on this side of the pond. I'm sure you'd have just as much to be proud of if you joined any portion of the UK military. You could definitely do worse! I've worked with your countrymen on more than a few ops and I can tell you that the Brits definitely have their **** together. Very professional and very well trained without all the Gucci gear that is thrown at us Americans. Think about it.

Back