help

Antman

Hello and thank you to all servicemen and women. i salute you all. i am seriously considering joining the armed forces, maybe The United States Navy (not that it matters since all fight for the same great people) however i have a large family (not just immediate) and would need their blessings and support to join as i am joining to fight, protect, serve, and teach for Family, Community, Nation, People. The problem is is that i am worried that my family does not understand why i will join. Some of my family members think i am picking a side and others are not even brave enough to give support at all when i ask, they remain silent. When i have protected others in the past, i have advanced in the face of darkness with conviction and strength, however i am unable to do it without family blessings and alone i will crumble. Please, how can I convince them as to why i want to join. i love my homeland and i am attached to this land. i have fought off temptation and would have no problem sticking to principle and meeting sacrifice with honor. Please let me know what needs to be said and i will say whatever it takes. Thank you for your time.

Last edited:
You do what you need to do. If they are against it chances are they will remain so. Just explain to them why you want to serve, if they don't get, then they don't get it.

Your life, your decision.

If you need to serve for you they will if you are an important part of their life come around.
If not, you do what you want to do.

Good luck.
//KJ.

You don't need the blessings of anyone but the guys who decide whether the military wants you or not.
It is your decision and yours alone.

Back