HELP STOP SAN DIEGO MILITARY HOUSING RULE

Surely you can find something off base for five people with $2000/month BAH (assuming PO2 with dependents)? San Diego doesn't qualify for COLA, from what I remember, but $2k is significant if you use it for its intended purpose. I'm just a mid, but if the free housing isn't alright with you for some reason, take the extra money and go find something else.

Dunno back in the 80's and 90's one bedroom apartments in North County (around Pendelton) were going for 750.00 to 850.00 per month plus utilities. 2 bedrooms were 1000.00 to 1500.00 a month. It got more expensive the farther south you went towards Diego. Can't see it would have radically lowered.

Oooooohhhhhh where to freakin begin!!!!!!!!!

Your also the ones that write about all your "problems" at home (like Rover not being able to live in military housing) and get my troops heads :cen: up when they need to be focused.

Your the ones that call me all the freakin time during ramp up pissing and moaning about this isn't fair, and that's not fair and your not in the military so why are you being punished and isn't there anyway that Johnny can get outta this pump for the "Good of his family"

Your the ones that burn thru my troops combat pay and run up thier bills while they are dodging IED's and RPG wielding Tango's and I'm forced to article 15 said troops for something that's not of their doing

Your the ones that "find someone because I was lonely and you weren't there for me" causing me to CASEVAC troops because they go off the deep end because they are no longer combat effective.

That's just a few of my issues with "The world and military should revolve around me" dependents.
How is that ignorant diatribe you just spat out even relevant to what she is trying to accomplish with this petition? She is attempting to have a rule changed in housing that she and most likely a whole bunch of other people think is unfair. People should not have to give up a family pet in order to live in a certain military housing area. That's ludicrous. We sacrifice enough enough as military families with the deployments and constant moves every few years. Now you have to possibly get rid of the family pet just to live in certain military housing communities? How about making our lives a little easier instead of harder? Oh, and that whole "suck it up" idiot mentality I keep seeing in this thread is a shame. How about looking out for each other for a change instead of throwing one another under the bus. Great attitude and leadership there!:sarc:

How is that ignorant diatribe you just spat out even relevant to what she is trying to accomplish with this petition? She is attempting to have a rule changed in housing that she and most likely a whole bunch of other people think is unfair. People should not have to give up a family pet in order to live in a certain military housing area. That's ludicrous. We sacrifice enough enough as military families with the deployments and constant moves every few years. Now you have to possibly get rid of the family pet just to live in certain military housing communities? How about making our lives a little easier instead of harder? Oh, and that whole "suck it up" idiot mentality I keep seeing in this thread is a shame. How about looking out for each other for a change instead of throwing one another under the bus. Great attitude and leadership there!:sarc:

I was going to stay out of this thread but I can only bite my tongue for so long. It's true that 03 went overboard at first but you have to see it from his side (which he tried explaining). He is worried about his men. He sees dependants mind F*@k good men's heads all the time I'm sure. So, like anyone who's served abroad, he's a little skeptical of them from the get go. Secondly, the wife asking for signatures did not approach the topic in the best way. Sh started the thread by making it seem like an outrage that she couldn't bring Fluffy along to her new OBH provided by the military. Several insults later, she changed her tune and talked about how much the dog meant to her and her kids especially when her husband was unable to be there.
What I'm trying to say is that 03 may have been a little hasty on the trigger but I can see his point. After serving overseas, any complaint from a dependant makes your blood boil.

Suck it up Swabbie.

Please sign my petition to help change the Lincoln Military Housing rule that doesn't allow pets. My husband recently gave up good orders because we knew we wouldn't be allowed to take our two dogs and keep them if we lived in housing. Going through a move alone, has it's effects on our children, but can you imagine having to tell them we're moving AND having to give up their pets? That would devistate them. Several people have been bashing me for wanting to get this petition signed. They say that just because we want something doesn't mean they have to give it to us. I was told that I needed to stop "b****ing" and suck it up. I've also had several people tell me that housing is a choice. Yes, this is true, I could go out and find a place on the town, but I don't have money to go and take my 3 children and try to find us a house. I also don't want to find one online because just because it looks good online doesn't mean it's actually a good place.

Please sign my petition. Sure, while it would be helping my family it would also be helping hundreds of other families too!

Thanks

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/militaryhousing

Just a thought, but why not move somewhere that allows pets?
I did, I moved out of the barracks when I got married, spent a year in base housing, then rented a house in Va Beach until I bought my own, all so I could keep my dog. Heres the thing I did it on E-4 pay, with a wife that didn't work, If I could do it then anybody else can.
Places that don't allow pets, either military or civilian do so for a reason, however stupid their reason might seem to you, its their property, they make the rules, you either suck it up or move outand get your own place

On his side

I am a fellow dependent and honestly I completely agree with O3USMC.
Changing the policy at Lincoln housing would be like asking an apartment/town home complex to change their policies. They have their policies for a reason which should be respected. It could be in place for many different reasons, as someone above had mentioned, or it could be that they did once allow people to have pets there, and the result of one person ruining it for the rest of them. Now, this doesn't mean you have to "settle" as you call it. It simply means you have to make a choice. I don't believe in such things as "settling". Choices are made and you become accountable for that decision AND it's consequences.

So OP, in the past- you made a choice to have dogs; now you have other decisions to make
1. You sell or give the dogs away and get to live where you want
OR
2. You keep your dogs and live elsewhere

Petition or not, you cannot force someone to do what you want them to do.

I am a fellow dependent and honestly I completely agree with O3USMC.
Changing the policy at Lincoln housing would be like asking an apartment/town home complex to change their policies. They have their policies for a reason which should be respected. It could be in place for many different reasons, as someone above had mentioned, or it could be that they did once allow people to have pets there, and the result of one person ruining it for the rest of them. Now, this doesn't mean you have to "settle" as you call it. It simply means you have to make a choice. I don't believe in such things as "settling". Choices are made and you become accountable for that decision AND it's consequences.

So OP, in the past- you made a choice to have dogs; now you have other decisions to make
1. You sell or give the dogs away and get to live where you want
OR
2. You keep your dogs and live elsewhere

Petition or not, you cannot force someone to do what you want them to do.

Do you realized you just "revived" a "dead" thread? lol

I am not sure if this forum really has rules on doing that or if it annoys anyone, but the last post was a couple months ago lol.

If basing housing doesn't allow pets then base housing doesn't allow pets. Suck it up. Or go live on the economy.

And as to your little rant on the the link.

Military members don't "give their lives away for 4 years." They enlist and know full well (or should) what that entails.

The DOD employees that maintain base housing are in many cases veterans themselves and they report in the end to Military Officers detailed to oversee this area of base operations. So your "why don't you pick up a gun and do it yourself" is really a bunch of BS.

This has got to be the biggest load of crap I've seen in a long time. Military Families that includes the dependants as well as the service members have to make sacrifices, that includes you.

So you have two choices.

1. Find Rover a new home and move into base housing and reap that benefit of your husbands service.......or.

2. Find off base housing and make the sacrifice of paying the rent in Diego FOR A PLACE THAT ALLOWS PETS. And hope VHA and COLA covers your out of pocket expenses.
You forgot the third, fourth, and fifth options.
3. Put Rover to sleep.
4. Drop him off at the pound.
5. Drop him off in the street.

And no, I don't seriously recommend that you do this. If you do take my advice seriously, then you sir are a horrible person.

Do you realized you just "revived" a "dead" thread? lol

I am not sure if this forum really has rules on doing that or if it annoys anyone, but the last post was a couple months ago lol.
The term is bumping if the reviving post was relevant to the thread and contributed something. It's called thread necromancy if the post was inane and/or contributed little to the thread.

my opinion

I can see where you are struggling. I had two pets in Oak Harbor, wa.. where pets arent limited but by how many you have...
What am realizing.. that housing is not a right, it is a privilage..We are lucky to have this benefit in this economy.. Could you imagine some of the housing some of us would have off of our pay.. IMO.. if they say, sorry.. because of our AMAZING properties and this is the reason we dont have pets.. Then you take it as is.. Ultimatly it is up to you and your husband and what you want for your family.. I hope you can figure that out for the benefit of your family.

Back