Help with laser set up

FIGMO

I have a question for the masses out there. I have an old A1 CAR15 with an 11.5 inch barrel and a 5inch flash hider. I have a Bushnell Holosight mounted on the rail so it co-witnesses with the irons. I also have a Tacbeam laser that is mounted on the side of the rail to my left. My question is at what range would you set the laser to co witness with the Holosight and the irons. I’m a citizen at this point and all I do is some close quarters drills and compete in three gun shoots. My experience goes back to when this weapon was made. So I predate both red dots and lasers. Guess I need o be drug into the 21st. :shoothea:

Thanks for the feed back. Now all I need to do is figure out how to find 5.56 (a member I assume)

Just watch this post for replies. You could also post something similar in the small arms section.

You can search for him using the search engine on the top of the page, or you can search for his posts.

But I think its best if you do what Momma says [Lol], and post the question in the small arms section.

Anyways, welcome to the forums, comrade!

I have a question for the masses out there. I have an old A1 CAR15 with an 11.5 inch barrel and a 5inch flash hider. I have a Bushnell Holosight mounted on the rail so it co-witnesses with the irons. I also have a Tacbeam laser that is mounted on the side of the rail to my left. My question is at what range would you set the laser to co witness with the Holosight and the irons. I’m a citizen at this point and all I do is some close quarters drills and compete in three gun shoots. My experience goes back to when this weapon was made. So I predate both red dots and lasers. Guess I need o be drug into the 21st. :shoothea:

My question to you would be, “What ranges are your other sights zero'd in at?

As a matter of interest, I initially zero all my rifles with scopes or iron sights at 25 meters, then check and adjust for either 200 or 300 depending on the type of shooting.

Back