Help to identify Regiment of Grandfather!

bickerstonehall

I understand my grandfather was an ambulance driver in the British Army of WWII

I have just the one picture of him in uniform and would like to know what the badge on his cap would have been it looks like an eight pointed star shape and also there are letters on the shoulder band which look like they start RA??

Big Thank You for any help to identify!

Attachments

• P1210377.jpg
    P1210377.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I understand my grandfather was an ambulance driver in the British Army of WWII

I have just the one picture of him in uniform and would like to know what the badge on his cap would have been it looks like an eight pointed star shape and also there are letters on the should band which look like they start RA??

Big Thank You for any help to identify!

It could be Royal Army Service Corps or Royal Army Medical Corps.

Can you take a picture of the cap badge and post it?

Thank You for your help. Knowing that it could be the RASC I found this badge as the corps used in WW2 and I am 99% sure that is the badge in the picture. A little family history resolved and I see that an original badge can be purchased for as little as £7 or $10 which I shall do to keep with his picture.

Attachments

• RASC.jpeg
    RASC.jpeg
    77.5 KB · Views: 2
Thank You for your help. Knowing that it could be the RASC I found this badge as the corps used in WW2 and I am 99% sure that is the badge in the picture. A little family history resolved and I see that an original badge can be purchased for as little as £7 or $10 which I shall do to keep with his picture.

My dad was in the RASC, it later changed its name to the Royal Corps of Transport, where I served as a part time soldier for ten years

Back