Help identify this badge

triplethreat

I came accross this badge and would like any help indentiying it, its is lieghtweight and has a rusted pin on back...Thanks

$(KGrHqYOKpcE3JY(ci49BN-!uB2zN!~~0_3.JPG

I'm getting close, I found a similar pin, WWII British Royal Army Service Corps. What sucks is there is no writing anywhere on your picture. The one I found has latin on it. Is there anything on the back or is it just where it pins in?

Edit*
here is where I am digging right now

http://www.britishbadge.co.uk/

Last edited:
Just looks like a 0 stamped on back.

Edit: I also saw a Romanian one that looked similiar on another site....Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
The main issue I'm having is it's solid, most are made with a gap in between the center design and the star.

Where did you find this at? I usually go to antique shops and find items, got an old 2nd infantry patch there. Lucky find if it came out of a box of old items.

Old Friend left it by my house to look at , he knows I am into old military items, and now he moved and changed his number so...just thought I would see what it is.

Cool cool, I just got a few more spots I'm checking. Got a coworker looking into the item. His wife is into those types of artifacts.
Here's what I have so far...
--We identified the crown, it's not British (the British crown has 3 curved bars with gaps in-between holding up the cross, this one has more), it's Germanic (Romanian, French, Danish, or Norwegian) The cross is the giveaway that we found on that.
--The center is a flagged globe with a sword sash (holster) or crown, still getting that identified
-- The star pattern matches about 5-7 countries badge patterns which is why this is a pain. In each country there's like 5 regiments that have the pattern and I can't find 2 of the countries charts of them.

I'll keep digging. I saw on a few sites that there are books on these items. I hope someone on here has one of those books.

I am working with a guy in Denmark on this, is there a way to get a better quality picture? He can't fully tell the details of some parts. He did say it is not Danish for sure. Only group who wears star badges there is Royal Guard, and it doesn't match theirs.

Not a problem. I still am having no luck anywhere, I tell ya, it's like this thing doesn't exist anywhere else.

Thanks for the tip, but it was not listed on that site.

That is because I don't think it is British, the motif in the middle of the badge does not look like a British/Commonwealth design, you may want to look at European monarchies because of the crown on it or you may even want to look closer to home at some of the badge makers from the early 1900s as it may be a commemorative badge rather than a service badge.

I must agree that the crown look kinda Scandinavian, but as long as the Danes don't find it familiar, we better hope for the Swedes.

Only thing Norwegian that springs to my mind would be some kind of cap-badge for a fire-department.

I must agree that the crown look kinda Scandinavian, but as long as the Danes don't find it familiar, we better hope for the Swedes.

Only thing Norwegian that springs to my mind would be some kind of cap-badge for a fire-department.

Yeah, I've been going off of every cap badge I can dig up, still nothing. And the guy I was talking to in Denmark, his e-mail is full, so I can't get the new pictures to him... I am still hoping we get an expert guy on this thread that it just clicks for him. It'll be a while though.

That was my guess too. The cross would seem to suggest a Scandinavian origin.

Perhaps the boss might know more.

Back