Hello troopies! - Page 2

--

December 22nd, 2004  
Courtenay

Welcome! Going back? Been hearing more and more of that lately. Thank you for your dedication to our great country, it is appreciated.
December 22nd, 2004  
C/2nd Lt Robot

Welcome, my dad doesnt really want me to be a Marine. But he doesnt try too hard to stop me. So, he finally just told me to learn a trade instead of being a grunt.
December 23rd, 2004  
Redleg

Welcome to the forums Charge, it's great to see another Redleg in here..
--
December 23rd, 2004  
The Grill Instructor

Welcome !
December 25th, 2004  
Charge 7

After thinking over some discussion with Redleg I've decided to update my profile. Feel free to check it out.
December 25th, 2004  
Redleg

Thanks..

We have a few Field Grade officers in here already, but not all of them wants to reveal their ranks (of different reasons), so I can understand that you were a bit cautious at first..
December 27th, 2004  
03USMC

Well Crap! A field grade! And here I've been talkin to you like I'm your da**ed buddy.

How many do I owe you SIR?!!!!
December 27th, 2004  
Big_Z

welcome, my mom is a Major as well.
December 28th, 2004  
Charge 7

That's okay 03USMC. You _are_my buddy. I'm retired and although I appreciate the courtesy. I appreciate the company even more. Respect for the rank only is demanded. Respect for the individual is earned. I've always felt that way. I am friends, I should say with more than a few fellow retirees of various ranks. One of whom was my CO many long years ago and he retired as a major general. He's like another father to me. Comradeship post service is okay in my book. No problem of fraternization could arise. Since you and I are both no longer in the service. I believe it acceptable but if I'm wrong in that assumption one of the other field grades can tell me so. This is why I didn't want to reveal my rank at first. I wanted to get to know folks for who they are without our roles already pre-decided. BTW, my dad was a Marine staff sergeant and I called _him_ sir.
December 28th, 2004  
JAdkinson

I know its late but welcome aboard.

My father is a former Marine Cpl
and my girlfriend was a C/3C in AFROTC

Glad to see some higher brass around the forums