Hello there.

Pompeius

I just thought that I would introduce myself along with some of the reasons why I find this forum so appealing to the historian inside us.

I have been visiting these forums for a few weeks now, and have been truly astounded at the conduct and grace upon which discussions are handled and played out. I think it is a testament to the people who run this forum that so much invaluable and above all, interesting discussion is perpetually found. The respectful manner is what appeals to me the most, having found a fair share of boards where historical discussion is prevalent, but never finding one where the posters argue with respect and sans petty insults.

I have recently graduated with a BA in Ancient History, and this is where my first love is (and probably always will be). However, I have an immense and deep interest in other areas of history, particularly military aspects. I would say that both World Wars, the Napoleonic wars and British medieval battles are primarily the ones worth mentioning. As for Ancient History itself, I have indoctrinated myself extensively in Late Roman Republic and Roman Military areas, and the might of Rome fascinates me above all others.

So Ave, and I hope to meet a number of like minded and interesting individuals in the future.

welcome to the forum Pompeius,

I am looking forward to reading some of you posts since my knowledge of Ancient History is shaky at best.

Welcome to the forums Pompeius.

glad to hear that you like the place. :)

Back