Hello

Angelus

Hi I was sure quite where to put this and decided this was probably the least out of place forum to stick it in

anyway, i'm an airsofter we play with replica weapons Automatic Electric Guns (aeg's) in a similar style to paintball I was just interested in introducing you to our community

http://www.airsoftcommunity.co.uk/

please feel free to PM me or reply to the this with questions

(oh and you have a great range of smilies)

is this a primarily US forum??? and i've just done a search and found a post about airsoft not too long ago so sorry lads :oops:

Chris

Welcome to the forum.

No, although most members are United States citizens, the administrator is Norwegian, so I guess it would not be wrong to say it's a Norwegian site that draws a lot of American traffic. :lol:

Re: Not a problem

sherman105 said:
Always enjoy hearing about people risking their health in the name of fun...

you're more likely to crash on the way home than hurt yourself playing airsoft, but thanks for the welcome lads your forum is full of info which is very helpful so thanks :D

i'm with you now but .22!! our current limits are 328fps for full automatic weapons and 380fps for single/semi (this is in England/Great Britian)

hey angelus i play airsoft....our limits at our field are 400 FPS for Aeg's and 500 for snipers....WELCOME to the site..

Welcome Angelus.

I do not play Airsoft myself (only the real deal here.. ;) ) but it seems like several of our members do.

Do you run that site?

Redleg said:
Welcome Angelus.

I do not play Airsoft myself (only the real deal here.. ;) ) but it seems like several of our members do.

Do you run that site?

lol best to start off small, and nope just a humble member

we used to have 500fps for semi but recently an investigation into the law discovered its illegal we are currently trying to find out if because of the nature of airsoft it is legal or not its abit of a grey area at the moment but thanks for the welcome onto the forum guys any of you lot from the UK???

O.k. - I'm really confused about how this airsoft thing works, I mean I want to try it but I have a few questions...

I've played paintball, how are you supposed to feel the BB ? Is it easy to tell when you have got hit? Like how hard does it hurt because you can def. feel a paintball. Like, I see the guys wearing the camo suits... so can they really feel when they get hit?

Also, do you use the paintball BB's.

How much does a good gun cost?

Popeye said:
Like how hard does it hurt because you can def. feel a paintball. Like, I see the guys wearing the camo suits... so can they really feel when they get hit?

Also, do you use the paintball BB's.

How much does a good gun cost?
Depending on the airsoft gun....depends on how good you feel it.. Airsoft is based on an Honor system..You call your own hits and call yourself out..there are some people who cheat and dont call outs but then everyone hates them and doesnt start to like them....pluss when your shooting a 200 round mag full auto and a sationary target and you can see the BB's bouncing off their head..and they dont call themself out you know there cheating

2nd question:do you use the paintball BB's
in some spring guns you can use them but in AEG's you better not..some of the bb's can break in your gun and if that happens in an AEG well then your screwed.....Normally you use .20 gram 6 mm plastic bb's for AEG's and .12 gram 6mm for springs....there are different weights like .25 .30 and even .50 for snipers...
3rd question:How much does a good gun cost?
Most AEG stock guns are in the range from about $250-$350....some guns cost a bit more for different reasons and the cool thing about airsoft is you can add internal and external upgrades such as lazer sights,scopes,m203 grenade launchers,flashlights etc....
airsoft can get pricey if you want a good upgraded,tricked out gun
there are some nice sniper rifles that are like $1,200-$2,000 or you can get an M249 saw for like $900 or so.....

lt_strony said:
there are some nice sniper rifles that are like $1,200-$2,000 or you can get an M249 saw for like $900 or so.....

Alright, now that's just insane. Hell if you want suppressive fire, I could load you up some 12 gauge shells with those plastic bbs and a quarter charge of powder. how's that for realism? Hell, you'd even get a muzzle flash off of it. :lol:

I'm an airsofter as well buddy. I think quite a few people on this forum are. What guns do you have? (Sorry if this has already been asked)

TM MP5a5 thats broken right now and a GBB Berreta

Hey redneck ya i know thats insane....there was one guy at this one game whose gun costed $900....(and he dropped the muzzle in mud :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: )....but it can get 'spensive ;)

Back