Hello

Leonard

Hello all,

I am new to this. About a month ago I have decided I want to join the military, specifically the Marine Corps. I am currently overweight, but I know that if want this then I can do this. My Father and some of my Uncles were all in the Marines, as was my Grandpa. Other family members joined other services as well. I currently have two cousins in the Marines. One is stationed in Hawaii, the other is on his second tour overseas. I have always wanted to join, but I have never had faith in myself to do so. I am college student, but I have realized that I want more than just an education... I want to serve for my Country, make my Father proud, become a better person, have more confidence in myself and do something that I can look back on and say, "if I did that then I can do anything." Joining the Marines is starting to mean more to me than anything I have ever imagined. There are some great opportunities in this world that don't require men and women to join the military, but I believe there are greater opportunities within the military. I'm worried though, not about losing weight, I know I can do that, it's going to be tough, but I'm pretty sure boot camp will be tougher (that's probably even an understatement), but I am worried because I have a right ear deformity. My friend said this shouldn't be a problem, but I have hearing loss in my right ear as well. She had told me that a lot of people have hearing loss and get in, I don't know if this is true, but I'm worried. She is coming back down to the city tonight, and I will have an opportunity to finally meet with a Recruiter. I won't ask if it is even worth it to go, OF COURSE IT IS, but I guess what I am asking is: is having an ear deformity with hearing loss going to have a major impact on me trying to enlist????
If someone can answer this, it would be greatly appreciated. I hope you all have a great rest of the week and an even better weekend, God bless.

-A.Leonard

Back