Hello




 
--
 
January 10th, 2005  
ARMYMOM
 
 

Topic: Hello


Hello to everyone!

I am not in the services but I am a proud Mom. Ever since my son started the process to join I have been educating myself about everything & anything he is & will be doing. (so I know what he's talking about when he calls...lol)
Right now he's at Fort Knox for Cav Scout 19D he will graduate in March & is in Blue phase of OSUT.
I always knew since he was knee high that he would join the military it was just a matter of what branch and what job!
Im very proud of him & send my prayers everyday.

Thanks
Cathy-ArmyMom Boston, MA
January 10th, 2005  
implicature
 
 
Welcome to the forums and congratualtions on your son's success! And also thank you for encouraging your son and supporting him to serve his country!
January 10th, 2005  
ladyhawk
 

Topic: Re: Hello


Quote:
Originally Posted by ARMYMOM
Hello to everyone!

I am not in the services but I am a proud Mom. Ever since my son started the process to join I have been educating myself about everything & anything he is & will be doing. (so I know what he's talking about when he calls...lol)

I always knew since he was knee high that he would join the military it was just a matter of what branch and what job!
Im very proud of him & send my prayers everyday.

Thanks
Cathy-ArmyMom Boston, MA
Welcome Aboard ARMYMOM!!

I will say THIS we have lots in common when it comes
to our Sons

LadyHawk
--
January 10th, 2005  
Kane
 
Hello and the best of luck.

I hope you'll enjoy the forums!
January 10th, 2005  
Redleg
 
 
Welcome to the forums.

Looks like we'll need to open up a new Armymom section in the forum soon, since we're getting more and more of "your kind" in here..
January 10th, 2005  
ladyhawk
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redleg

Looks like we'll need to open up a new Armymom section in the forum soon, since we're getting more and more of "your kind" in here..
Hm, kinda more Universial like Military Mom's
January 10th, 2005  
DTop
 
 
Welcome ArmyMom. Feel free to ask any questions about the Army or the military in general. There are lots of folks here with lots of military experience and some of us with our own sons in the military too.
January 11th, 2005  
ARMYMOM
 
 

Topic: Thanks


Thanks for the warm welcome,

Quote:
Ladyhawk wrote:

I will say THIS we have lots in common when it comes
to our Sons

How so Ladyhawk is your son a scout also? I dont know about you but when he came home from MEPS & told me what he picked I almost had a heart attack! I was like arnt they the guys that are in front of the front lines? But he was so excited and pumped up about it what else can a Mom do but be excited for him.

ArmyMom
January 11th, 2005  
Italian Guy
 
 
Honored to have you aboard, Mom. I hope you'll enjoy the forums. We're a bunch of pretty bad kids, here. Get used! 8)
January 11th, 2005  
ladyhawk
 

Topic: Re: Thanks


Quote:
Originally Posted by ARMYMOM
Thanks for the warm welcome,

Quote:
Ladyhawk wrote:

I will say THIS we have lots in common when it comes
to our Sons

How so Ladyhawk is your son a scout also? I dont know about you but when he came home from MEPS & told me what he picked I almost had a heart attack! I was like arnt they the guys that are in front of the front lines? But he was so excited and pumped up about it what else can a Mom do but be excited for him.

ArmyMom
I told my Sons a long time ago as they were growing up
DO NOT let anyone ( including myslef) step in the way of
your Dreams or what your Heart Desires. I also told them
I would support them 100% in what they decided to do for
a career.

I also had always know he was going military Or Law Enforcement
From the time he was small. For many yrs he had talked about
the Navy and He had also joined The Police Explorers group which
he loved. He just wasn't sure what Direction he wanted to go in.
He knew somewhat my feels about Marines ( no offense to the Marines Here) I didn't want him to go Marines. The Marines have the most who
come home in Body Bags It took him months before he could
tell me WHEN he did My Heart Dropped BIG TIME. I didn't not discourage him from not choosing. I still support him 100%

His Statement to me was " Mom, If I get Deployed and I have to fight
for my country I WANT to BE Front LINE"

It wasn't easy for me to Hear that I have always been CLOSE to my
Sons and The have always BEEN my PRIDE & JOY!!

He also has already decided that in yrs to come IF and WHEN he gets
out of the Marines his next Career will be Law Enforcement.

LadyHawk

**Future Marine Corp Mom**