Hello

Dara

I'm Dara and I'm very interested in the 101st Airborne during World War II. Even though I am mostly interested in that particular group, I love learning all that I can about World War II. I have started researching events in the Pacific and find many of our tactics jaw-dropping to say the least. I'm sure I'll have a chance to explain that thought later. Unfortunately, I feel like we didn't have any of this in the school that I went to (or I seriously wasn't paying attention). I should have probably taken history in college, but I went with the medical field (I'm a Surgical Technologist and a Medical Transcriptionist), which has taught me some very interesting things about wars and medical history.

I'm not just interested in World War II. I am very much interested in the Vietnam war, the Civil War and the Korean War as well as ancient warfare.

I hope to meet some interesting people here and learn from all of you.

welcome to the forums...

I have served with the 101st for 6 years and am returning to the division in FEB. There is lots out there on the history of the 101st

Welcome. Is it true that the nickname given to the 101st by the 82nd was the "hundred and worst"? I'm sure it was in jest.

Back