Hello...

--

December 20th, 2004  
MilitaryChicka

Topic: Hello...

hello evryone...thought I'd join this site to get some info....I'm a single 21 yr old mother of twin...and 3 years ago I was to join the Army...I took my practice ASVAB...and did very well...all I had to do was MEPS and the real test and I was in...but then I ended up gettin pg and that was the end of my future...I just wanted to know...how hard would it be for me to go now??...I really wanna get out of my small town..and do something with my life...and give my children a good life...Has anyone been in my shoes??...Would this be too hard with children?...I'd really like some input on this!...Thanks!
December 20th, 2004  
implicature

hello and welcome to the forum... if you like military you will love this site

edit _______________________________

I am in a similar situation... pm me for details if you'd like
December 20th, 2004  
Redneck

I do not know if there are any members who share your situation, but we have hundreds (probably thousands ) of years of military experience available to you here, and I am sure that you will be able to find the answers to your questions.

Good luck, and welcome to the forum.
--
December 20th, 2004  
DTop

Welcome to the forums Chicka. I think that joining that military is possible for you but take a look at the pay rates at http://www.dfas.mil/money/milpay/pay/
The question I might ask myself is "How am I going to take care of the babies?" You will have many occaissions when you'll have to leave those children at home for long, long periods of time. You need a support network of family etc. to help you when you have to do your job. I won't presume to make your decision for you but make sure you plan carefully, make sure you have all your ducks in a row before you commit to a very demanding occupation that doesn't pay a whole lot (starting at $1104.00 per month base pay for an E-1) Good luck with your decision whatever it is.
December 20th, 2004  
rotc boy

is there a mr. chicka to take care of the kids while your gone?

welcome to the forums 8)
December 20th, 2004  
MilitaryChicka

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotc boy
is there a mr. chicka to take care of the kids while your gone?

welcome to the forums 8)

No, "Mr. Chicka"...is Looonnng gone!!
December 20th, 2004  
AFSteliga

Welcome to the Forums. Hope you have a good time here.
December 21st, 2004  
rotc boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilitaryChicka
ill take it from the looooooong that its a good thing?
December 21st, 2004  
MilitaryChicka

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotc boy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilitaryChicka
ill take it from the looooooong that its a good thing?

Yes, VERY gone...so any single military men out there...hit me up..lol
December 22nd, 2004  
Gelinas

Well, my dads a single parent in the army. I don't how its like on American army bases, but here at the Garrison they have single parent houses for all the single parents in the army, they're alright. It will be hard on your kids when they're young. When my dad would be deployed or at training, or whatever, my brother and I would live with my grandparents. It's fine now that we're older but it was hard on us when we were young. Like Dtop said, make sure you have a good support system.