Hello

SilknLeather

Hello everyone, I am an Army Vet, but madly in love with one of the finest. Yes that is right a Marine. I tried to join the Marines and the recruiter said he was looking for a few good men. So I wrote my name and number on a piece of paper and instructed him when he found one to give it to him.

How ironic that the love of my life is a Marine. He is currently in Iraq while I am living in Alaska. I have spoken with the USMC HQ and they are in the process of issuing me to him, so until then I will simply wait.

I found this site searching for jokes to send to him and his Marines. I mail them out on a daily basis. They really enjoy the jokes and care packages. Although when I send him one I have to send 3 or 4 to his Marines. But I do not mind, they work hard and deserve so much more.

Take care and hope to hear from ya all real soon.

Thank you for the welcome, I am finding some good stuff, but always on the lookout for more to include funny pictures, as they make great postcards.
:)

TI and Del Boy Thank you for taking the time to welcome me.

By the way it has come to my attention that my profile was listing I had a $1.50. After reading my initial post I am glad it was brought to my attention.

So to set the record straight, wait let me check, yep sure enough I am a female; but have been accused of thinking like a male along with sharing a similar sense of humor, as I grew up with numerous brothers and no sisters.

However, I do not have any problems asking for directions I guess that is the estrogen in me. :D

Welcome, SilknLeather. Glad to clear up a question so we'll know who we're talking to. We value truth here for a variety of reasons.:camo: We're neither misogenystic or homophobic and try to keep all opinions civil.

Missileer, I also value truth and honesty. My Granddaddy always said that a person is only worth their word. That has always stuck with me. Integrity is a major factor of my life. It is nice to be among others of similar principles, that also share a mutual respect.

Granny always said that you never truly know someone well enough to speak ill of them, so just not to speak, while giving them time and opportunity to prove your thoughts wrong.

DTop, I am among like minded individuals, I do feel at home, as I come from a big family. So it is like I arrived at the dinner table after grace was said and everyone already started eating. By the time we get to Grandma's apple pie with Grandpa's homemade ice cream all will be fine. :D

Thank you

Trying to get my signature to appear, and it seems to currently have a mind of its own. Ggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Last edited by a moderator:
tomtom, Thank you for the warm welcome.

Missleer, First I want to apologize for the duplicate post, and to thank you for deleting it. :thumb:

Back