Hello!!

The Wife

Hello everyone! My name is Amanda, and I'm sure your probably wondering about my screen name. lol! First off I am a military brat lol, was born into a big military family. Dad was in the Navy (got out), Grandfather a Major in the USMC (retired), a Uncle in the Army (retired), Brother in the Army (active), Cousin in the Navy (active), and my Hubby is in the Air Force (active). That's why I thought "The Wife" was perfect since that’s how I'm introduced half the time. lol! Well, that’s it for me. But I would like to thank all who have served. I wouldn't have the life I have today with out the courage of the defenders of the country I love so much.

Welcome!

Welcome aboard, The Wife. :cool:

P.S. I hate that being used to describe my wife. I think it is almost like......
"Well I'm leaving, got everything? keys, watch, wallet, the wife."
To me it is soooo demeaning.
Ugh!

P.P.S. No offense intended.

Last edited:
Welcome, I'm sure that you'll enjoy it here.

Tomtom22, "The Wife is better than the term one of my friends uses. "The old lady", she likewise calls him "the old man". No insult is intended nor taken on either side.

Welcome, Amanda. You should add "The Daughter, Granddaughter, Sister, Niece, Cousin" to your name so's not to hurt anyone's feelers. :)

thank you! also i do agree the wife can come off a bit degrading. but i rather be called the wife than not get intrduced at all. lol

Back