hello

gladius

hello everyone, i'm new to this forum. I was in the army a long time ago staioned in Europe in the late 80's before the Berlin wall came down. We were issued the M-16A2 which I thought was a pretty decent if not accurate weapon, we rode around in a M113 which although maybe not the best armoured, it served its purpose. Also from what I can remember it got pretty damn cold over there, but the beer was good.
The reason I im here is I'm sometimes intrested in things military, especially military history, it's fun to discuss.

8) Welcome.. it's good you're here. You're interested in End Times Prophecy? I like that subject too..

Welcome gladius. Good to have you here at the forums. Enjoy and I look forward to some end times discussions if any come up.

Welcome... The military is going to be begging for me to join after I get done with someone... No I will hold my temper, they are just going to lift the women can't be on the front lines deal.

We were all guys in my unit since we were a combat unit.

Who knows, that may change.

The mixed units that I saw were mostly support.

Most of the NCO's I spoke to prefered combat units. Most of the privates prefferd mixed, probably cos it was more more fun.

-----

On another note ---- some of the guys in my unit would visit the border and stare at the Soviets across no-mans-land. Once in a while someone would give the Soviet soldiers across the line "THE BIRD" m|m. What the Russians would do is they would take your picture and send it to your division comander, they would know this by the patch on your shoulder.
So in order to beat this, you'd cover the patch with one hand and flip 'em with the other.

gladius said:
We were all guys in my unit since we were a combat unit.

Who knows, that may change.

The mixed units that I saw were mostly support.

Most of the NCO's I spoke to prefered combat units. Most of the privates prefferd mixed, probably cos it was more more fun.

-----

On another note ---- some of the guys in my unit would visit the border and stare at the Soviets across no-mans-land. Once in a while someone would give the Soviet soldiers across the line "THE BIRD" m|m. What the Russians would do is they would take your picture and send it to your division comander, they would know this by the patch on your shoulder.
So in order to beat this, you'd cover the patch with one hand and flip 'em with the other.

Nice storie, hehe :lol:

Back